“Believe all you read.....”
Review of Fine Nammet - CLOSED

Fine Nammet
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Contemporary British fine dinning restaurant serving local fresh produce.
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Having stayed in Shanklin or close by on several occasions and eaten at many places, Fine Nammet is by far and above the best. Discovered it on TA before our break this week and booked one evening to see if reports were true - trust me, they are !.
We went for the set menu option and let me say that I absolutely hate beetroot and have never eaten fish skin. The plate containing my pan fried crispy mackerel with beetroot purée was as clean as I could get it without licking it clean. Disappointed that the sea bass had run out, we went for the lamb. I hope anyone who ate the sea bass enjoyed it as much as we did the lamb, and for the first time ever I also ate a "tuile".
This is proper food, cooked exceptionally well, presented beautifully with attentive service. Fine Nammet doesn't appear to have been around long, and I do hope that they stay in Shanklin because we really want to come back. Number one on the island......yup !.

Jenna J, Owner at Fine Nammet, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for you lovely review, we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Well worth a visit, very good menu which while not perhaps the most extensive, what they do offer is great food, with excellent presentation. We had eaten at a reasonable pub in Shanklin they day before which for four people with drinks came out at about the same cost as Fine Nammet. For the quality of food they offer I was surprised they don't charge more, I think this restaurant with their hard working staff can only go on to better things and become the best restaurant to eat at on the whole Island.

Jenna J, Owner at Fine Nammet, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for your lovely review, we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your evening.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

There's a lot of good reviews on here for the Fine Nammet and they are all well deserved. Great ambience, great food, excellent staff and they sell IOW wine. And all at a very reasonable price for what you get.

Jenna J, Owner at Fine Nammet, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for your lovely review, we are so pleased you enjoyed it,

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I visited Fine Nammet on the evening of Monday 12th May having seen the excellent trip-advisor reviews.

We opted for the evening set menu and we were both very impressed with the variety of dishes. Starter we opted for the Lamb Fritters; we hadn't had anything like this before...it was delicious!
Main course was the slow roasted shoulder of lamb which was, again, absolutely fantastic. The meat was so tender and thoughtfully presented.

We were eager to try a dessert and we shared the Banoffee Pie. My boyfriend is not keen on sweet things but he said how amazing it was!

The bill for the two of us including drinks came to £46 which is excellent. Without a doubt this restaurant is a must to go to if you are staying in Shanklin. We only wish we had a restaurant like this nearer home!!

Jenna J, Owner at Fine Nammet, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thank you for your lovely review, we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your evening with us.

We hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had the most wonderful meal out here last night! I wanted to compliment the chefs and the waiting staff for what at amazing job the did with the food and the service. The waitresses were both polite, friendly and didn't get offended at my bad jokes. I couldn't of asked for a more enjoyable night out.

Jenna J, Owner at Fine Nammet, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014