My partner and our 2 friends had booked another hotel in the centre of Shanklin for a birthday weekend. When we booked into this hotel we were absolutely shocked and disapointed by its shabbiness and complete lack of value for money. We had 2 options: Try and book another hotel or return home. After vsisting the Tourist Centre we were given a list of available hotels. We called Bourne Hall and was kindly offered there last 2 rooms, we were told we could see the rooms first to check that we liked them before confirming the booking. Bourne Hall was just a short walk from the Centre and the grounds and the approach to the Hotel is lovely. We were met by a very friendly receptionist who was only too pleased to help and save our weekend. My partner and I were offered a stunning room at the front of the Hotel. The room had a beautiful and VERY comfortable four poster bed with stunning views overlooking Shanklin Bay. Our friends were given the last room in the Hotel which was a very clean twin room situated in a very quiet area of the Hotel. We all visited the Spa and found this to be lovely. Contrary to other reports the sauna and jacuzzi worked absolutely fine. My partner turned the sauna on to warm up whilst we relaxed in the pool. Any person with half a brain would know to do this! The toilet and shower were spotlessly clean and in full working order and did not look like they had been installed yesterday! In fact the Hotel rules relating to wearing crocs in the spa area just clarifies their attitude towards keeping the spa clean. We had drinks in the lounge area before going out to our pre-booked restaurant. The lounge areas are beautifully decorated in deep reds and furnished with comfortable chesterfield sofas and chairs.
When we returned we all had a great nights sleep and our full english breakfast in the morning was searved to us by very friendly and attentive staff. Overall we found Bourne Hall to be a great hotel. We are quite fussy and we do expect good value for money. With Bourne hall you get this and more. It is a very good Hotel with beautiful rooms, attentive friendly staff, great facilities and wonderful food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bourne Hall, an elegant Country House, Hotel and restaurant, set in mature grounds in Shanklin, Isle of Wight. Originally built in the late 1860’s, said to be for one of Queen Victoria’s ladies in waiting, the "house" still retains its sense of history whilst providing comfortable accommodation enhanced by its original Victorian features. Uniquely located on an elevated position at the foot of Luccombe Downs, benefits both countryside and coastal Vistas. The Hotel enjoys exquisite views, by day and night, across Sandown and Shanklin Bay, and onwards to Culver Downs. Situated minutes walk south of Shanklin "old village," this 30 bedroom, 3 star hotel offers a range of classic and premier rooms, family rooms and suites, comprehensive leisure & health facilities, and a stylish restaurant. Bourne Hall provides the ideal setting for weekend special breaks or longer stays, private functions, weddings and business meetings/conferences. We take pride in our friendliness and attention to detail and always endeavour to make your experience comfortable and most enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your Bourne Hall Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bourne Hall Country Hotel And Restaurant
- Bourne Hall Country Shanklin
- Bourne Hall Country Hotel Shanklin, Isle Of Wight