“Good food, Good wine, Good times”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pendletons

Pendletons
Ranked #2 of 76 Restaurants in Shanklin
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Good food, Good wine, Good times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Pendletons has the slogan 'Good food, good wine, good times' and we agree completely! From the outside, the restaurant looks very simple yet also classy and this was mirrored inside. I had a tasty and flavoursome risotto and my partner had a vegetarian lasagne that came with vegetables and ciabatta. We shared a cheesecake for pudding, which was also delicious.
The service was quick and very friendly.

1 Thank Emily M

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I booked the day before as it was our first visit to Shanklin. When I telephoned they asked where we were staying and then explained how to walk to the restaurant. The food was excellent, I had the tiger prawns in garlic to start and my husband the antipasta meats. I can recommend the lamb dish, the fish pie looked good too. Relaxed, friendly atmosphere.

Berkshire
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Took my family (who live on Island) to Pendletons on Saturday night. The place is fantastic, good food, service and ambience. We have in recent years been very disappointed with level of customer service and quality on the Island but this restaurant is something really special, it was not surprising that it was hard to get a booking and people were being tuned away all evening.
The staff are friendly and efficient and the food is top quality standard.
If ou visit the Island and want to eat at an exceptional place then this is it - just make sure you book early.

• Visited August 2014
West Sussex
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Service was excellent. Food was nice but.....seasonal veggies, two brocoli flourettes that were fine but the carrots and frozen green beans were as hard as a rock. I know veggies are meant to al dente but that was ridiculous. The saute potatoes were great. However, the lamb was delicious and so was the dessert. Staff very attentive throughout. Thank you.

Hastings, United Kingdom
“Worth the Ferry Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

From the moment we walked in, we were made to feel welcome. We were permitted to come through the restaurant to the garden in back with our dog, and he was immediately presented with a water bowl, so he too felt welcome.

I had a starter of goats cheese salad with a balsamic dressing, which was very well presented, perfectly prepared, and quite delicious! My husband had the crab cakes to start, and from the one bite he allowed me, it was one of the nicest crab cakes I've tasted anywhere.

My main was one of the specials; a lobster linguine. I normally don't like lobster in pasta dishes because most restaurants put so little lobster into the dish that one can barely taste it - a waste of wonderful food. The price was so reasonable for a lobster dish, I put aside my predilection and was delighted to discover that the amount of lobster in the pasta was very generous. This creamy, savory dish was one of the nicest pastas I have ever tasted, and well worth the £16 (appx) that we paid. My husband had the king prawn linquine. Perfectly cooked, and wonderful to taste. Both dishes came with a salad and a very nice sun-dried tomato ciabatta, which was obviously freshly baked.

We don't normally order a dessert, but as the starters and mains were so good, and so reasonably priced, and as this was our last evening meal on The Isle of Wight, we thought we may as well make this evening extra special. Very glad we did!

My white chocolate cheesecake was a complete delight. Even though I was full enough from my meal, I'd happily have eaten a second cheesecake if I wasn't afraid of looking gluttonous. My husband had a chocolate honeycomb concoction. Beautiful and delicious.

An aside to the restaurant itself:
A day or two before this we were sitting on the beach with our dog, and saw a young man, two Springers in tow, wandering the beach cleaning up rubbish left by other people. I asked him if that was his job or if he was just very conscientious. He said, "No, this isn't my job. I just want it to be clean here. This is OUR beach." This young man, Steven or Stephen, turned up again as our waiter in Pendletons. When you visit Shanklin, please spare a thought for this nice young man, and be respectful on the beach. In fact, think of this whenever you visit any beach. Don't make the locals clean up after you! :)

• Visited July 2014