“hello to 2014!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Morgans Restaurant

Morgans Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 76 Restaurants in Shanklin
Cuisines: Seafood, British, European
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Morgans serve the finest home made cuisine using the best produce the Isalnd has to offer. Alongside the extensive menu is the special board which changes daily and is known for is fresh local fish and shellfish.About Tim Morgan; After working at several top london restaurants, and alongside Marco Pierre White, Tim brought his dream of owning his own restaurant back to the Isle of Wight in 2006 to open Morgans restaurant in Shanklin High Street.
London, United Kingdom
“hello to 2014!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Well its a while since I've been to the Isle of Wight, so when I received an invitation to spend New year there and go to a restaurant - I wasn't sure what to expect. I seldom write reviews - but I had such a fantastic evening I wanted to express my thanks to Vicky and Tim. The food was great - I love sea food so crab, lobster, scallop and fresh fish all on one menu ) I was delighted and it was so well cooked and beautifully presented. Really good value for money. the evening was really well organised, great party poppers and everything timed to perfection - by New Year everyone in the restaurant felt like friends. the place has a lovely atmosphere - which is a credit to tim and Vicky. I cant wait to go back!

• Visited January 2014
Tim M, Owner at Morgans Restaurant, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thankyou for your great review! New Years Eve is a special occasion so I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself and you enjoyed the menu that was served to you. It was a great atmosphere and good fun to work! Thanks again for taking the time to write us a review!

Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“New Years Eve”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We saw Morgans were open until midnight and thought we would have a meal to bring in the New Year. What a night. Certainly one we wouldnt forget. The food was fantastic and before we left we booked for Valentines night as we saw the menu. The best food we have tasted on the Island so far. We felt as though we were at a private party with friends rather than a restuarant. We were made to feel so welcome. The staff and Tim (the owner/chef) made us feel like friends instead of customers. The five course meal was perfectly timed to end around 11.30 where we could just chill with a drink and wait for the countdown to midnight. The champagne and confetti canons came round and the music was turned up and dancing commenced and at midnight all the customers joined hands to bring in the New Year. What a night. We will definately be booking in again for this year with lots of visits in between.

Tim M, Owner at Morgans Restaurant, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thankyou for your review! Its fantastic to hear that you enjoyed seeing the New Year in at Morgans. We really enjoyed working and it was great to see everyone enjoying themselves! Im happy to hear you have booked in with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back on Valentines day! Mainy Thanks
Northants
“A disappointment in some areas but excellent in others.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We first went to Morgan's when it first opened. There were a few issues but put that down to teething troubles. The second time much better. Since then have returned a few times. On Sunday we went for lunch for the first time in probably a year. I was firstly handed a menu which I was quite surprised by showing basic items that I would have expected in somewhere quite different. There was also a menu which gave us the roast we wanted and a more 'sophisticated' selection. I don't mean that in any 'snobby' way but we went to Morgans expecting a certain style of menu. I was accompanied by three children. The eldest would have the roast but the others would choose from the children's menu. One would only eat chicken - there was no chicken!
Our roasts were excellent and with a starter worked out at a fair price of £11.95 each. However I would take issue with the children's food. One child only had a small bowl of chips these were £3.50! He asked for a fruit shoot but got a cheap substitute which he did not drink that cost £1.50. The other child had a £2 milk shake which was milk with drinking chocolate mixed in just, there was still powder and unmixed lumps on the side of the glass. The £5.95 child's pizza and chips was a very basic homemade one. It was awful! We took it home as he would not eat it. The dough was barely cooked, it then had tomato purée and the blandest of cheeses. It was virtually tasteless.
Had the children had a three course meal of very basic food from the children's menu it would have cost nearly £12!
Unhappy with their original drinks I then bought j2os at £2.75. My gin and tonic was flat. With the tonic obviously coming from a large bottle that had been opened quite a while.
I thought I was taking the children for a treat for their first meal on the island instead it was a costly disappointment. It was also a pain as I didn't want to shop/cook but I had to go to the supermarket and buy them food to cook at home.
Again I will say our roasts were lovely. The waitress was excellent too but she was on her own.
I know I could have complained more at the time but I thought it unfair to her as she was doing a good job under pressure.

1 Thank lucky-peggy
Tim M, Owner at Morgans Restaurant, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience with us at Morgans this time, we are currently creating a new children's menu which I think you will find of a higher standard, however I do find it strange that you say there was no chicken as there was roast chicken on that day aswell as two further chicken dishes on the main menu and there is also homemade chicken goujons on the children's menu? I am very pleased you enjoyed the roast dinners though and I welcome you back to try the new menus which I'm sure you'll enjoy, I hope to see you again in the near future
Isle of Wight, England
“Seeing in the New Year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

For the first time for many years we ended up at home on New Year's Eve. so booked this local restaurant, which have used several times. We arrived just after 20.00 and were warmly welcomed by name and given a nice table for two. The menu was five courses:
Duck liver parfait with Sauternes jelly and toasted brioche;
Baked spider crab and lobster gratin;
Scallop with butter nut squash puree and caviar;
Slow-cooked lamb or Medley of Fresh Fish;
Baked apple tarte tatin or Isle of Wight cheese;
all for an amazing £39.95.
Tim Morgan, the owner/chef, has a good reputation and he excelled on this occasion. The food was perfect and the progress of the evening well paced. We both had the lamb, which came from a local farmer, and it was real melt in the mouth. The dessert dishes were cleared away around 23.30 and champagne poured ready for the midnight hour, while stereo was cranked up (I have to say loud disco music is not our thing, but probably unreasonable to expect anything else in the circumstances, and the 40 or so customers were suitably merry as we counted down to midnight, which was marked by the discharge of confetti cannons). A great evening.

Tim M, Owner at Morgans Restaurant, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
New Years Eve is a special occasion so I am especially pleased to hear you enjoyed the whole evening, i would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a great review and I look forward to seeing you when we re open in February
Shanklin, United Kingdom
“fab food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

myself and my partner went here to have a bit of a light lunch.......two hours later we came out very full and satisfied having a two course meal that tasted devine and was very well priced!! The staff were lovely and we didnt think twice about leaving a tip!!

Visited November 2013
Tim M, Owner at Morgans Restaurant, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of Morgans, I am very grateful and extremely pleased you enjoyed your whole experience, I look forward to seeing you again soon!