“A little disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Pavarotti's

Pavarotti's
Ranked #18 of 76 Restaurants in Shanklin
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Maidstone
“A little disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We ate here recently while on a short stay in the Isle of Wight and picked this Italian restaurant from the good reviews to celebrate our anniversary. We hadn't booked a table but were seated quite quickly and our orders were taken speedily. I didn't think the menu was overly extensive and struggled to find something that I wanted to eat. I chose the pork with apple and cider and to be fair it was quite tasty. We waited almost an hour for our main course to arrive-luckily we weren't starving but I did feel this was too long to wait.
We had three different waitresses during our meal -the first noticed we didn't have a candle but one never arrived, the second did bring a candle although slightly used and then the third took that candle away and brought a new one!!
At the end of our meal I put some money on the table ready to leave a tip and when the waitress came to to our table with the terminal for my card, before she even let me pay she grabbed the money off the table and said 'I'll take the tip' which I thought was slightly bad form!! I did joke with my husband it was a good job the money wasn't meant for a cab or something!!
In my husbands words the experience wasn't terrible it just could have been better-a same really as it was our anniversary.
Would I go back? I don't think I would to be honest.

1 Thank AClark64

Surrey
“Average restaurant average food service left to be desired”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Having looked at previous reviews for this restaurant we decided to give this a go and booked a table for my daughters birthday. When booking a table I advised the waitress that it was a special meal and that I was bringing a birthday cake with me. On arrival - whilst we arrived a little early - I was disappointed that not only was our table not ready, the owner was frantically trying to find a table for us despite only having 2 tables seated, when we were seated there was not even a balloon or table decoration in sight.
The menu was average and standard for an Italian restaurant and the music playing in the background was awful.
The waitressess were all young and clearly working through the holidays and felt that they were very unattentive - the table next to us had already complained twice about the food and on the arrival of it they had to remind them that their meals actually came with chips and vegetables. By the time the kitchen had put these on the table their food had already been eaten.
Once our food had arrived they had forgotten to bring our chips out and as the table beside us did not want their chips they passed these to us - not only was this unacceptable but when my sister questioned this the waitress advised that these were not the same chips and that these had been freshly made - despite us sitting opposite the kitchen and able to see the hot pass.
The meal overall was passable though my little boy was not keen on the pizza in fact he only ate 1 slice a gesture that speaks volumes as pizza is his favourite meal - and once the bill had arrived they had forgotten to remove the chips from the total.
Overall I was very disappointed with the experience and unfortunately would not recommend this restaurant at all.

Hitchin, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really Good food, lovely setting, dreadful music !!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had a good evening meal out here with my son - we had just arrived on the island for a short stay, and were able to secure a table without booking, quite lucky as the place soon filled up. The food was excellent and appropriately priced, and the service (on the whole) was comparable. My only niggle was at one particular member of staff who seemed to hover at our table waiting to clear our plates away, which rather put me off, I hope they read this and put it right immediately.
However this criticism does not change my opinion of the restaurant as a whole, which is great, even down to the themed, cheesy "opera but not opera" piped music played just slightly too loud throughout the meal, obviously an intended feature but regrettably not quite to my taste - a good talking (and laughing) point though!

Rainham, United Kingdom
“Rustic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

The restaurant is in no way high class, the tables are borderline cafe style and all a little close but the staff were friendly, attentive and keen to please. The food was freshly cooked and what I had was lovely. Pricing was a little more than I'd expect for the type/standard of restaurant but then it is one of few in a busy holiday area. I would recommend a meal here but you might need to book to make sure you get a decent table.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had about three or four meals here on our stay in Shanklin. Pavarotis is lovely, great food every time we have been there. It gets busy at the weekend so make sure you book if going there on a Friday or Saturday as we got turned away one evening.

Visited July 2013