“The Chestnuts is a lovely guesthouse :-)”

The Chestnuts Private Hotel
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Shanklin
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed at the Chestnuts with my daughter for one night during a flying visit to the Isle of Wight. The owner Chris was lovely and made us very welcome. She showed us to our room and explained the ins and outs of everything. The room and ensuite were clean and tidy and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was lush! The location is great, the beach is a short stroll away and the town centre is within walking distance too. I'd certainly stay at the Chestnuts again!

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Nothing was too much trouble from start to finish. Really accomodating.
Visit the chestnut during the week end of the festival( was a pure coincidence).
We had a small bedroom but everything was spotless. Shower was absolutly amazing.
Really good breakfast too, and if you are lucky you will have the visit of a gorgeous cat.
Really want to come back to the chestnut and the isle of white.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed over the weekend, it was comfortable and in a very good location, small but we have everything we needed. Close the beach and to the old village. Nice breakfast also. We just wanted a place to rest after all day activities and visits In the island. We highly recommend to go to the Sharon Orchads to see the process and buy some delicious juice and cider.

Room Tip: Room 8 you can have a mini sea view!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2013

the chestnuts was a lovely b&b chris was a great host the rooms are clean and tidy and the showers were nice and hot we stayed their with freinds and we all enjoyed the breakfast dave / jane/paul/christine

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was our fifth visit to the Chestnuts Hotel in six years and the reason we keep going back is because the hotel is clean, tidy and well situated for beach and town, Chris is an excellent host, nothing is too much trouble and her son Luke cooks a lovely breakfast. Evening meals are a treat too. We are already planning our next visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steven R
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I don't often leave reviews but felt compelled to respond to the most recent review left here regarding the family room. My husband, eight year old daughter and I have just spent four nights staying at 'The Chestnuts' in one of the family rooms. Our room contained a very large double bed and a single bed (with ample room to move around between the two) it also housed a wardrobe, a chest of drawers, two bedside tables, a chair and a coffee table. We personally found the room to be larger than average and our daughter had plenty of space to play on the floor (on one evening we all sat on the floor to play a board game). The room was decorated in a contemporary style with lovely framed Klimt prints on the walls (there was even a book on Klimt in the room which our daughter enjoyed looking through), the bed linen was high quality and the room was very clean, light and airy with a modern ensuite. The shower was larger than average (my husband and I stayed in a 5* boutique hotel in Cheltenham recently and the shower there was notably smaller) and I actually commented to my husband on the first morning that I was impressed with how good the water pressure is in the shower (better in fact than ours at home!). 'The Chestnuts' provides very high quality accommodation which includes an excellent breakfast and fantastic, personal service (I have a wheat allergy and Christine went to the trouble of contacting her butcher to check if I could eat the sausages). My husband and I have been very impressed with the value for money and are already planning our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The Chestnuts is a 5 minute walk to the train station, 10 minutes to town and the beach (Esplanade) is just down the street. We had a family room. It was clean and tidy but very small for what is considered a family room. The bathroom was tiny with just enough space to turn around. I've noticed that the water pressure for the shower goes on and off and at one point, I only had drips. The breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cretangal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shanklin
Victoria Lodge Hotel
#1 of 9 in Ventnor
North House
North House
#1 of 5 in Cowes

Been to The Chestnuts Private Hotel? Share your experiences!