“Would totally recommend”

The Roseberry Hotel
Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Shanklin
Reviewed June 1, 2014

A really lovely hotel, and a fantastic atmosphere - before our holiday even started we had a call from Carol to advise that the room she was planning to give us was under the bar area, and she had some guests who may want to use the bar late at night which could wake our children, so did we want to move to a different room? Cannot think of many hotels who would do that! The family room was great to keep our two entertained, and the lovely garden gave us a chance to play swingball. Breakfasts had a great choice and were REALLY filling!! One tip I would give you is to make use of the offer of Packed Lunch - we found this made our days so much easier, as we had everything we needed with us - and the cost of these was VERY good indeed. Could not ask for a nicer place - look forward to going back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great - the family rooms at the front of the hotel give you a sitting out area if...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Aidan H
There are newer reviews for The Roseberry Hotel

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I went to the Isle of Wight on a school trip recently and stayed in the Roseberry hotel. We stayed there for 5 nights and I, personally, thought that the service was very good! I would definitely recommend to many persons and one thing I would say just say to improve is to maybe get better toilet paper!!! I stayed in room 15 and one con was that even if you get of the bed silently the room below can here every thing and in the morning we were getting complaints from the boys downstairs- which was slightly annoying!!! Overall it was a trip to remember and for one thing I can say I will never forget it [in a good way]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I went to the Isle of white with school 3 years ago and we stayed in the Roseberry hotel for 5 nights it was amazing with karaoke and they were extremely child friendly. The only thing I would say is do NOT stay in room 11! Because I stayed there with my friends and it is just a corridor but smaller. The food is great they have vegeterian options, halal, and other.
I absolutly LOVE their deserts the best especially that ice cream with freash mangoes.

Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Laveen S
Reviewed October 23, 2013

From the moment we arrived a bit too early when they still checked us in to leaving was positive. Owners very friendly and the breakfasts were great.
Only niggles were matresses were quite hard and hubby had very little sleep both nights but a relative with us said his bed was very comfortable, and towels were quite small especially for a taller fella!. Everything you'd need in your room though and love that extra coffee supplies always available.
Tv room very comfortable and bar prices reasonable, made to feel very welcome in there and given lots of ideas for trips out.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was our second visit to The Roseberry Hotel, the first time 5 years ago and when deciding to revisit the IOW this year we didn't hesitate to return to The Roseberry. This time we had a family room at the front which was absolutely fab, with table and chairs outside and the garden in front. We will definitely be booking this room when we return again. Breakfast is fab, the family room is really great for the children and the bar off of the family room makes keeping families together in the evening easy. The only moans I was aware of were people wanting to check in ridiculously early or late, or wanting breakfast before breakfast time, well these people need to know that Luis and Carol are extremely accommodating but it is a family run hotel and hours need to be observed for the good of all guests! Well done Luis and Carol, missing you and the IOW already xx

Room Tip: Rooms on the great are fab for families
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I have just stayed at the roseberry for 10 days, and would like to say what a wonderful time we have had. I have been to the Isle of Wight a lot and I always stay at the roseberry, the rooms and very nice and kept at a good temperature( not to hot or cold) the breakfasts are amazing with a massive selection of food to chose from. The owners carol and Luis are very polite and helpful and will try to help out in any way they can. This was the first time I have taken my 11 week old daughter on holiday and when we arrived they had already set up a travel got which was clean and in very good condition and with facility's in the room for making her bottles up. Another 5 star stay for us, can't wait for the next stay thanks for making our holiday fantastic

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Andy1878efc
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I can only say what a fantastic stay we have just had at the Roseberry Hotel and if anybody who stays there does not enjoy the welcome and hospitality that is given to every guest and the fantastic breakfast that carole rustles up ,is a very hard person to please.I cannot thank them enough for the care to the attention for our needs that we needed with my mum.They made sure that we was next to each other and nothing was any trouble,all you need to do is ask and they will do there very best to help you .ONCE again i would just like to thank louie and carol.Kevin and Jayne

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family