Curraghmore Hotel
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$158
$142
Somerton Lodge Hotel(Shanklin)(Great Value!)
$105
$87
Travelocity
Palmerston Grange(Shanklin)(Great Value!)
$98
$81
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel on several occasions over the years, and have been made to feel extremely welcome by Bernie and Leslie on each visit. As a single female traveller, this is an important aspect of any holiday.
The location is excellent, with sea views, and the food is always delicious

I know I can always have company in the bar at night, much better than sitting in my room watching TV by myself!

Ferries can be booked by the hotel, one less job for me to do!

Room Tip: Fantastic views of sea and coastline from south facing rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank cheryl o
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I first stayed at the Curraghmore Hotel 8 years a go and have been back quite a few times since then for long weekends. Everytime I've been Bernie, Lesley and their staff have been absolutely lovely, welcoming and friendly, I feel part of the family. There's always a really nice atmosphere here which ever time of year I go. The food is all cooked fresh and is amazing, the chef gets it right everytime. The majority of the rooms have been redecorated and all look really smart, clean and tidy. The huge front garden is beautiful and over looks the sea. The hotel is extremely close to the beach, 5 minute walk from the train station and town centre.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank littlenatb
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We booked a last minute trip to the IOW, booked by phone and Lesley was VERY nice and helpful on Tues, and arrived Weds evening. The welcome was warm and friendly and the family room (no.2) was nice, plenty of space for travel cot along with all the other stuff we had. Room was nice and very clean. The matteress was probably a tad soft for my liking but thats a personal thing and I find this everywhere I stay. Shower lacked a little power (compared to one at home) but hot water and again was very clean. Overall though the room fitted the bill and was ideal.

The owners were ever so friendly and the kids took to them, it was genuine warmth too, not put on as you sometimes find. Breakfast was prompt and very nice, lovely bacon, and non of the issues the previous person listed - if you want more juice you only had to ask.

We had a 4yo and a 2yo and this hotel is perfect if you have young kids, not that there is loads to do there, but they are welcome in the bar area and is so close to the seafront, about 2/3 mins walk. If I had to be picky, the towels were are little thin (again, no different to many places I have stayed in). Over the years I have stayed in many hotels (small ones like this and larger chains) and have to say that aside from the expensive boutique style ones (costing 3 or 4 times as much) this was as good as it got!!!

So, if you want a nice clean hotel, in a nice area, with fantastic service and owners, book now!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012

What a dump. It had all the appearance of a run down old folks home. Mildew, mold and not a little dirt were the main occupants. The bathroom was so encrusted with black mold that you felt that you needed a shower after using the one in the room. The bedroom(no 25) had a black mold stain in one corner, the mattress was most uncomfortable, the pillows were hard and not at all pleasant smelling, the towels were small and threadbare and the floors etc. were inadequately cleaned. We were only too pleased not to have booked for an evening meal if the standard of the breakfast was anything to go by, undercooked or overcooked eggs and one day virtually raw bacon. The orange juice was served in the smallest glass ever and only reached just above halfway and the tea and coffeee were stewed and tasteless.

Room Tip: Dont take no 25
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ehandjh
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Our third visit to Bernie and Lesleys lovely hotel, once again they made our stay really enjoyable. Nothing is too much trouble, my wife has food allergys but they handled this with ease. They are both so helpful with anything we asked regarding isle of wight. Looking forward to our next visit.

Mike Maureen H