“Small, family park”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shanklin
Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Small, family park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Luckily we had upgraded to a gold caravan with central heating throughout which was definitely needed given the terrible weather!! A nice, small park which was perfect for my 2 four year olds - the entertainment wasn't too crowded and they could get involved with everything, all credit to the entertainment staff who kept going despite it being the last week of the season. The food in the restaurant was very good, fresh and well prepared. My only grumbles would be the changing area in the pool which is just far too small and outdated, it actually put me off using the pool more than once despite my daughter pleas. And the carpark - I don't know if they were having a joke when they painted on the lines or whether they were hoping to only have to accomodate holiday makers driving small cars! It would also have been nice to have been contacted before we travelled to tell us how to access the park with the road closure sin Lake. Despite this we would return for another cheap and cheerful break!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lichfieldlady
Park R, General Manager at Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Hello and thank you for posting a review of our Park on TripAdvisor. Firstly I would like to thank you for your comments. I am pleased that generally you had a happy stay with us and have passed your comments on to our Entertainment Team who do work extremely hard throughout the season and are always grateful to receive positive feedback. I apologise that you found the pool changing rooms unsuitable and appreciate that they do get busy and overcrowded during busy periods. The main car park does get very full although we do offer alternative parking behind the Entertainment Complex. As for the road closure, we ourselves were not informed until the work had commenced so unfortunately we were unable to inform our guests which I can only apologise for. I hope that these niggles have not prevented you from enjoying another stay with us at Park Resorts in the future.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
bordon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

after reading some of the reviews we were a bit worried, but the staff were really helpful, we stayed in a silver caravan and it was lovely and clean and well equipped. We did struggle with the car park being so small - we have a grand voyager! But again, the staff were really helpful and managed to find us somewhere else to park more easily, only real downside was the grass around the caravans, we went half term end of october, and was so wet and muddy it was awful, otherwise apart from that we all enjoyed it and would go back again. We didnt really use any of the facilities on site as only used it for a base, which was ideal as we were central to everywhere we wanted to visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sarahnjez
I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am delighted to hear that despite a few niggles, overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. We can only hope for a little less rain next year! We hope to welcome you again soon.
Ramsgate, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We read previous reviews and had no bad surprises. Caravan was good but small in corridors. This was a Silver compared to Gold or Superior which have been wider. Camp staff really friendly and worked hard especially entertainment staff. Very muddy by caravan so camp could do with laying more pathways. This is good value if using this as a base to go exploring. We popped into Lower Hyde and entertainment venue much bigger but restaurant squashed lots of tables in so could do with renovation even with upgraded tables as they were sticky. A good week had overall once you adjust to cramped car park and mud.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Steve C
Hello Steve and thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate all feedback, of any kind, in order to improve our services and facilities. We agree that with the terrible weather we have had this year that the park was muddier than usual, so do apologise for any inconvenience this caused and we are certainly looking into improving our walkways. Overall I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Landguard and we do hope to see you again in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

No complaints with the staff or the cleanliness, park was only half full and we would have upgraded if the cost of upgrades wasn't so high, perhaps an out of season reduction would be a good idea. Caravan was liveable and as expected for bronze level. Not being able to bring car alongside caravan meant carrying bags from car park which isn't much fun in the rain across grass. The park is a fair distance from the beach and not very well signposted from the road

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that you found your accommodation clean and up to your expectations. It is also really pleasing to hear that all the staff at Landguard were friendly and helpful whilst you were on holiday. Accommodation upgrades are a set price and do fluctuate with the change in seasons. In response to your comments I have passed them onto our management team to review. Whilst I sympathise with you regarding the parking area at Landguard I also do feel that most families enjoy the safety aspect of centrally allocated parking as this enables the children to feel safe and enjoy the surroundings more freely. We really appreciate your feedback and hope that you will return to Park Resorts in the near future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Landguard is a small, quiet holiday park which was no where near full when we stayed. We stayed in a 'gold plus' caravan which was spacious and well equipped. However, it was not particularly clean when we arrived which was odd as we arrived at 1pm for a 1.30pm check in and we were told to come back at the correct time because they hadn't finished cleaning it! The shop assistant was very friendly and helpful. The swimming pool was very quiet but it was low season. We had breakfast in the restaurant one morning which was ok but the chef was also waiting and operating the till and there didn't seem to be a lot of hand washing going on! We have a small baby and so we didn't experience the evening entertainment and therefore can't comment on it. One last complaint - the parking spaces are nowhere near big enough! Despite my complaints, NONE of these things ruined our holiday. We had a lovely time and would go back again.

• Stayed September 2012
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our Park. I am pleased to hear that despite some issues that you enjoyed your holiday. It is with much regret to hear that you were disappointed with the cleanliness of your accommodation on this visit. Poor cleanliness is unacceptable and therefore l must apologise if we have failed to meet our usual high standards on this occasion. We do have H&S processes in place for Restaurant staff, and I will be raising your comments with our Restaurant Manager to ensure all these processes are being adhered to, at all times! Please also be assured that our teams have been made aware of your disappointment and they have passed on their sincere apologies. We truly hope to see you again and thank you for your feedback.
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

would like it if ther was more life very dead in the evening and the bar was open longer, the lights down to the bars was not on till we told sekuarety. i very neary fell in the dark the two girls lucy and jane were exlent thay had to sing and look after the music corner

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Firstly I would like to thank you for your feedback. I would welcome you to contact the park so I can take a look at the exact time you stayed with us, as I find your report alarming with regards to our bar service closing at 10.15pm. With this in mind I have investigated this and can confirm that depending on the amount of guests in the Complex the closing times normally range from 11.30pm to 12.30am. In regards to the entertainment, Lucy our Entertainments Manager attempts to offer a broad spectrum of family entertainment to children of all ages. The first half of the evening entertainment is designed for children up to the age of 11 and runs until 9pm. After 9pm we then offer a variety of entertainment throughout the week including karaoke, pub quizzes and game shows. We also have in-house cabaret acts and visiting cabarets acts including; comedians, vocalists and illusionists to appeal to older children and adults. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the entertainment that was arranged during your visit, and can assure you that this is an issue that will be addressed for the future. We are never complacent about the level of service we offer and are constantly monitoring our processes as a result of feedback we receive from our guests. Therefore I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback, although naturally we regret that it was necessary for you to do so.
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

This was the second time we have stayed at Landguard and I really enjoyed our stay in a platinum lodge. We were in No 21 and it is really nice. The only 2 criticisms were that there were no coat hangers in any of the wardrobres and our mattress was very lumpy. I know it wasnt just ours as 11 of us were staying in my party and some of the other said the same.
Other than that the accommodation was great and in a good location.
I wouldnt recommend using the clubhouse at Landguard, you are better off going to Lower Hyde next door as there is not much going on in the Landguard clubhouse at all. We tried to go there one morning for breakfast but waited 10 mins and no one seemed to be around so we went to Morrisons instead!!!
Other that that though we had a great holiday. I really like the Isle of Wight and would go back to Landguard again as long as I was staying in the same lodge or similar.

Room Tip: Try the mattresses out first before you pick your bedroom as some are very lumpy!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Helen and thank you for sharing your recent experience. I note that this is the second time you have stayed with us and I do hope that you took the time to bring your concerns to the attention of our team at the time of your stay, as they will always endeavour to rectify your concerns as quickly as possible whilst minimising any disruption to your visit. I am delighted that you enjoyed time with your family in one of our platinum lodges, but equally disappointed that there seemed to be a couple of things amiss. I have passed your comments onto the Accommodation Manager regarding the mattresses and coat hangers and she is understandably really sorry. I am also extremely sorry to learn that you were overall disappointed with Landguard facilities on this occasion. The facilities on Landguard are leisurely whilst lively entertainment is provided next door at Lower Hyde Holiday Park. We do welcome and encourage all guests to experience both resorts whilst staying at our parks. Although it is regrettably disappointing that you didn’t enjoy Landguards facilities it is really pleasing to hear that you enjoyed Lower Hyde’s facilities. Once again thank you for your feedback. As a returning guest I really do hope we may welcome you back in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shanklin
The Royal Hotel
#2 of 54 in Shanklin
Eastmount Hall Hotel
Eastmount Hall Hotel
#11 of 54 in Shanklin
Premier Inn Isle of Wight Sandown (Merrie Gardens)

Been to Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!