“By far the cream of Shanklin”

Eastmount Hall Hotel
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Shanklin
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Having stayed in many hotels - all over the world, I can honestly say this is, by far, the most welcoming I have visited. I enjoyed it so much, I returned four times within a 6 month period! Christmas was fabulous - thank you so much. How this could possibly be rated a three star hotel beggars belief. Normally a critical person, I could not fault the accommodation, staff or food. Nothing is too much trouble and there is a genuine welcoming feeling throughout the stay. I will be returning again in the summer. I now feel I have an extended family - who I can't wait to see again. WELL DONE ALL OF YOU,

Room Tip: Having stayed infour of the rooms, all were comfortable, clean and accommodating. Although the hone...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Angie J

Reviewed October 7, 2011

I chose this hotel from the ratings and comments on trip advisor and was not disappointed. my mother and i stayed for 4 nights on a half board basis in 2 rooms.
On arrival we were greeted by Jill; quite possibly the kindest, most gentle hotelier you could wish to meet. They say when you view a house you make your mind up within the first 15 seconds; this i deem to be true about hotels. a cream tea was given to us which was delicious and despite arriving at 11.30am well ahead of normal checking in hours were shown to our rooms.
Comfortable and spotlessly clean with everything which you could possible need including complimentary toiletries and tea and coffee making facilities.
I have taken on board what other reviews have stated about decor etc but to me the decor and furnishings reflect the age and style of this hotel perfectly. Most importantly it is spotless everywhere.
Food is excellent; starched white tablecloths which i like and dining room service is excellent.
What is good is that all the food is piping hot, served on very hot plates and vegetables and potatoes in seperate dishes.
I could go on but go and see for yourself; if you want a friendly family run hotel with extremely reasonable bar prices, good food and the friendliest staff imaginable then this really is the place for you.
And to boot, a fantastic location !!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank villa4ever
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Me and my partner stayed here for a 2 night get away after I had an accident and needed some time away. The staff at the hotel are fantastic and did everything they could to help make me and my partner feel comfortable. When we arrived the staff brought me a glass of wine and my partner a pot of coffee and a cream tea each. They then showed us to our room which was a stunning sea view room. We wanted to explore the area so spoke to the staff about places to go and they were very helpful. The room was comfortable and I had a better night sleep there than I've had in a long time and the breakfast which was included was delicious. I will definately be returning to the hotel. It is well worth the money

Room Tip: Ask for the sea view room. It is slightly more expensive but the views are stunning
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank evilgothictwin
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We have just returned from a truly memorable holiday ,2 weeks,at the Eastmount Hall . We were greeted with a lovely cream tea , scones freshly baked brought to us by the lovely Suzy . The food was outstanding ,after a hard day on the beach their is nothing better than a sumptuous evening meal, great menu ,good value .Jill and her family know how to make you feel welcome and nothing is too much trouble .What a way to relax in their lovely warm pool or lay resting, listening to the laughter from the pool .The room was well tended every day and the cleaner excelled in her duties .Their is loads of things going on in Shanklin at this time of the year and the Eastmount Hall is in a prime position for you to enjoy them .

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank beachnut50
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Spent a week with my mother and my two children at this wonderful hotel.Spent the days exploring and the afternoons in the super warm pool.Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and we hope to return.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank robins19
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Although my sister and I have spent happy days as children holidaying on the Isle of Wight and day trips to Cowes and Yarmouth from our homes in Southampton, we decided to stay for a weekend break (3 nights in July) - the weather was foul but the hotel was good, lovely owners and staff, cream tea on arrival sat by pool (in brief sun)after a miserable trip over on ferry from Southampton (our home town). Good rooms (two singles ensuite), very clean, reasonable bar prices, three course evening meal at £10 very good value, good price for bottle of wine. All in all brilliant all round. Hotel booked ferry trip included in package price, amazing value. Hotel on clifftop, top floor (rear) had sea views, easy walk down cliff (there is a paid for lift), reasonable meals seafront or short walk into Shanklin Old village, very pictureseque, Shanklin Chine is a must to walk through. In July, very quiet on all island. As weather was poor (heavy showers and gale force winds) , our planned boat trips/chairlift Alum Bay were offlimits so we visited Bembridge Windmill, (good) Havenstreet Steam Railway (interesting), Mottistone Gardens (excellent), Seaview, lovely cup of coffee on harbour (very peaceful). Had a morning in Newport (very quaint, similar to Romsey in Hants) before returning, had lovely cheeseburger in small kiosk, Cowes East seafront before ferry. All in all a lovely break (despite weather) and couldn't recommend enough a trip to this 'time capsule' island.

Room Tip: Clean, comfortable, excellent location and good value
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank plantoldie
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I would just like to say that we had a wonderful stay at the eastmount hotel it was our 2nd time staying there and also it was our honeymoon as well. jill and all the staff do a wonderful job to make you feel welcome and help your every need.now for the trip to the beach is a five min walk with a lift if needed to take you up and down and there is only one more thing to say thank you jill and all the staff you were wonderful and we hope to see you next year *****

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TonyR74
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shanklin
Luccombe Manor Country House Hotel
#1 of 51 in Shanklin
Carlton Hotel
Carlton Hotel
#7 of 51 in Shanklin

Been to Eastmount Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!