Thorntonloch House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Dunbar
See available hotels
St. Vedas Hotel(Coldingham)
  • Breakfast included
Eye Sleep Over(Eyemouth)
The Folly(North Berwick)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I had a long drive from Skye to Dunbar and called Thorntonloch to see if it would be OK to drop off s golf bag and a suitcase there. I had to return my rental car to Glasgow Airport so I wanted to unload this stuff and then drive back to Glasgow. So I gave them a call and talked to Peter who told me they were doing a dinner party and would be up if I arrived late. So I arrived in the evening while the dinner party was going on, only to be invited to sit in the kitchen and fed! Linda cooked up a lovely dinner and fed me just what the guests were getting. I left a couple of hours later, refreshed, fed and happy. The next day when I returned, it was more of the same - like you are staying with family and not just a business sleeping arrangement. Filling breakfast in the kitchen, lots of chatter and jokes, Peter giving us buiscuts for our golf outing, great rooms. What more to asking for? Nothing at all. I've stayed at many fine Bed and breakfasts but Thorntonloch is a one of a kind and that kind is absolutely perfect.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bobobirdiebuddy
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Peter and Linda were extremely welcoming and friendly throughout our stay. Our large room had a bay window with brilliant views out to the sea. The room was very well equipped with a seating area, including a sofa, and everywhere is clean and comfortable. Nothing is too much trouble for the owners and it doesn't take long before you feel you have known them for ages. Peter will recommend some lovely walks along the coast.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room for stunning views.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LorrainePer57
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Everything about Thorntonloch House is LARGE - the rooms, the breakfasts and above all the welcome. This is a genuinely warm and friendly place and we very much enjoyed our brief stay here. As a place to stay one night to break a journey or a base for a slightly longer stay it is hard to fault and hard to beat, and Linda is the perfect landlady/host.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John_from_NM
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The b and b is lovely, very homely, huge rooms, clean, and well laid out. The bed was so ridiculously comfy, i had trouble getting up! We were free to have breakfast at a time suitable for us. Linda and peter were lovely people and very genuine, honest and thoughtful. We were going to a wedding at the dunglass estate, and it was so handy, a lot closer than dunbar hotels (approx 5 mins in a car!) I could not reccomend the place highly enough! thanks for a wonderful 2 days!

Room Tip: all rooms are nicely decorated, but the earlier you book the better chance you have of getting the big room with the AMAZING SEA VIEWS!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights with our young son Daniel for a family wedding that was in the area. We were given a huge family room for no additional cost. Thorntonloch is a lovely traditional country house but has still a tremendous cosey feel within in it. Linda and Peter were very hospitable and Linda cooked a great breakfast ( sausages are 95% pork!!). Breakfast is served in the kitchen, this is what makes the experience quite special. When back in the area, we will definitely stay again. Gordon, Lisa and Daniel

• Stayed: July 2012