Garleton Lodge
$195
$162
$332
$323
Nether Abbey Hotel(North Berwick)
$185
$108
$80
PremierInn.com
$140
All reviewshot tubbbq hutfantastic hostsstunning viewsdining roomeast lothiansat navcourse mealhigh standardsticky toffee puddingstayed longersurrounding countrysidewell stocked barwarm welcomecouldn't do enoughsecond to nonerelaxing night
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My wife and I spent the night of 26th May 2012 at this true gem of a place. We were attending a wedding at Cranshaws Church and Lennoxlove House. Garleton Lodge was recommended by Lennoxlove House. They said we would not be disappointed and they were right. Jackie warned us that there was a lively party of Dutch golfers booked in, who might be noisy but she put us (and two other couples from the wedding) at the opposite end of the expertly converted farm building.

We did not wish to travel in our wedding clothes so my wife phoned to ask what time we could arrive and get changed.

"Come as early as you like, in fact come for breakfast!" said Jackie.

The lodge was spotlessly clean. The room was spacious and the twin beds were very comfortable with crisp spotless linen. We arrived back from the wedding at 1150pm. Jackie was waiting for us and made us a hot drink and offered us a choice of alcoholic night caps. The friendly Dutchmen arrived before we went to bed but we didn't hear a thing from their party and slept soundly.

In the morning an excellent cooked breakfast was served in the wonderful dining room, which has panoramic windows with uninterrupted views over the Firth of Forth.

To illustrate how helpful the staff of Garleton Lodge are, Jackie arranged for one of her staff to run me (7miles round trip) back to Lennoxlove where I had left my car the night before.

We left, having enjoyed our stay, with a very warm feeling.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Having recently spent the weekend at Garleton Lodge for my sisters hen weekend, we were delighted warmth and hospitality extended to us by Gavin and Jacqueline..

It was an absolutely perfect place to spend the hen night - luxurious enough to feel like a real treat, but relaxed enough to feel like home from home. And with so many different public spaces - the dancing room, the lounge, the dining room, and of course, the karaoke room (!), we were able to 'freshen things up' as the day went on.

The BBQ hut and hot tub were the finishing touches which really made it a day to remember. I'll never forget sitting in the tub, with those absolutely stunning views, singing and supping champagne.

Furthermore, the way the hosts looked after us was impeccable. Discreetly replacing empty bottles of wine, having iced water available all day, and generally giving us some good banter, all helped to make the day very special.

I'm so glad we found the Lodge, and am already planning to come back next year to celebrate my 40th. If they'll have us!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We have just returned from a 50th Birthday celebration at Garleton Lodge, what a wonderful holiday venue.The location is breathtaking, the accomodation,immaculate and the welcome warm and sincere.Gavin and jackie are wonderful hosts, nothing is too much trouble, you will not be disappointed with a stay here! Many thanks for a wonderful break,and Gav, keep singing!!
Jackie and Tim

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 30, 2012

At a gathering today, met by Jackie and Gavin, what a fabulous couple. The lodge looks over the Forth with views to die for, top class food, accommodation second to none, attentive hosts eager to look after your every need. A wee Gem hidden away in the East Coast.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I celebrated my 60th at garleton lodge last Saturday. Gavin and Jackie are terrific hosts, friendly and attentive- with natural warmth and friendliness.
The food is wonderful- top quality ingredients and beautifully cooked - better than many top class restaurants.
The Lodge itself has excellent rooms and fantastic views and amenities. I would strongly recommend anyone wanting to celebrate a big occasion to use it

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends