“50th Birthday Celebration”
Review of Rayanne House

Rayanne House
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Holywood
Reviewed August 25, 2014

For my husbands' 50th birthday I surprised him with a ticket to the Titanic Center followed by an overnight stay, bed, breakfast and evening meal at Rayanne House. I chose the balcony room for our stay which is luxurious and romantic with a brilliant view over the Lough. Bernie and Connor couldn't have been more warm with their welcome, we felt at home as soon as we stepped foot through the front door. Bernie showed us the 'Golf Themed' Room before we left which is fantastic. We will definitely be staying again and definitely would like to try one of the Titanic themed party's - We arrived as strangers and felt we were leaving warm friends on departure. Thank you again Bernie and Connor xx

1  Thank markandwen

Reviewed August 22, 2014

I have stayed here with my wife on two separate occasions now and cannot recommend this establishment highly enough. The rooms are perfect for a boutique guesthouse and the service is higher than that which you would expect were you paying 2 or 3 times the price.

On our second visit we had our 12 month old daughter with us and on explaining this to Connor over the phone he ensured that we had a room large enough to accommodate our travel cot.

Connor and Bernie are great hosts and have reached the happy medium of always being around should you require them yet never leaving you feeling awkward despite it being their home. I can vouch for the excellent breakfasts too as well as the great views over Belfast Lough.

The location is perfect for easy access to the City of Belfast as well as the delightful suburb of Holywood with its cafes, bars and classy restaurants and the wider tourist draws that Northern Ireland has to offer.

I have personally told all my friends about Rayanne House and hope that this review will also unlock this treat to many others.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are done to a different style. I would say that if you are a golf fan then just let...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I have just had my 50th birthday weekend with 14 friends at Rayanne house. Connor and Bernie where excellent hosts along with their small team of staff. All the rooms are excellent but I can say room 14 is really lovely with fantastic views and you can watch the ships go up and down the lough whist lying in your bed.
On the Saturday my Birthday meal was the Titanic dinner which is absolutely outstanding. It is 9 courses long and the food was excellent and the portions are terrific. The service through out the meal was very good. All 16 of us thought the evening was the highlight of the weekend.
If you want to stay in a fantastic well situated small family run hotel with excellent service then this is the place for you. Thanks to Connor and Bernie for making my weekend so special.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Was given a night at Rayanne House by my Better Half and I thoroughly enjoyed what was a surprise gift. She had booked 'The Rory McIllroy Room' and I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I entered the room. Desktop featured memorabilia from his US Open triumph in 2011, amongst other things like scorecard and pitch mark repairer from his home club, Holywood Golf Club, just down the road. The bathroom was something else, and included a grass/fairway designed floor, complete with a bunker near the window, 'golf ball' tiles and one of Rory's formed wedges, which could be used as a shower or hand rail. Amazing !!! The bedside lights were also fantastic; I might even email them and ask them where they're from.
All in all, this was an amazing experience topped off by the fact that it was a total surprise. It would be an amazing gift for any golf or Rory fan, as it was for myself.
Staff were well trained, thorough, polite, but discreet. I wasn't a fan of the 'fiddley-dee' music at breakfast time, however the standard of breakfast more than made up for that. I had the spiced oranges, but I wasn't able to finish it as the waiter took it away, obviously presuming that I had finished it. It was no biggie, and my partner and I did have a little laugh about it.
The only two things I would mark Rayanne down on would be that the walls are very thin on the rooms, so it was very easy to hear adjoining rooms' discussions. It is a grand, old, house, however, so this is to be expected. Also, there was only one bathrobe and pair of slippers for the room. It was a fantastic added extra for the room to have this, so again it isn't too much of a gripe! 5 stars for me on the whole; it was a truly unforgettable experience for me!!

Room Tip: If you're a golfer, or even better still, a Rory McIllroy fan, be sure to choose Room no.7 !!
1  Thank Andy_79
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Attended a wedding function here which was fabulous in every way !!
Service 10
Food 10
Location 10
Cleanliness 10
All in all a brillant day. The owners should consider opening as a restaurant as I believe its only Private and weddings catered for at this time

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank DanDal1
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed here for one night with my boyfriend and we both loved it. The room was absolutely fantastic, with beautiful views over Belfast Lough. Everything was wonderfully clean, and there were so many complimentaries, little shampoos, slippers, dressing gowns, plenty of teas and coffees, and even a bottle of port.

Breakfast was amazing, once we finally decided what to have (so many delicious options!). Everything was beautifully presented, and all locally sourced. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Nothing seemed like too much trouble. Conor and Bernie (the owners) were fantastic. They told us about their Titanic tasting menu which they serve several nights a month, which sounded amazing. I'm already planning to come back and try it, as the reviews online for it seem fantastic.

Many thanks to all the staff at Rayanne, will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Choose a front facing room, the views are fantastic
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LudicrousCat
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Really wonderful stay. Polite and Friendly staff that catered for yoyr every need. Nothing was too much to ask and the personalised servjce made this even better. Breakfast was terrific, probabaly the best Ive ever had and it was so hard to choose what to have. Our Room 6 was perfect with beatiful decor and a fantastic view of the lough. Overall, a truly outstanding stay and I WILL be back!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holywood
Culloden Estate & Spa
Golden Mile
Malmaison
Malmaison
#26 of 47 in Belfast

Been to Rayanne House? Share your experiences!