Some time ago my husband and I were given one of the best gifts we'ver ever had: an overnight stay at Rayanne House where we enjoyed the Titanic dinner and breakfast. The entire experience was absolutely fabulous, from the warm welcome to the fond farewell the following morning. There are not enough superlatives in my vocabulary to describe dinner - it was simply to die for. Each course was perfectly cooked (full credit to Conor - a fantastic chef and a great bloke) and the service was second to none. We just oohed and aahed the whole way through this wonderful meal. My husband and I agree that it was the best food we have had - ever! As for breakfast, well, as another reviewer said, it would be well worth a visit to Rayanne House for the breakfast alone! The accommodation is superb and the ambience of this lovely house is just delightful, filled with history and charm and beautifully appointed. My advice to anyone considering a stay at Rayanne House is to just go - you will be very glad you did.
This review is overdue. However, the thing that has triggered me to finally do it was my recent experience with Rayanne House when I emailed to buy a gift certificate for my brother's 60th birthday. Bernie got straight back to me with the unparalleled Rayanne hospitality and mailed the certificate the same day. Unfortunately, the mail let us down and the gift did not arrive as planned. When I let Bernie know, she pulled out all the stops to sort it out, contacting the Post Office and re-sending the certificate by registered mail. It turned out that the mail had been tampered with but, long story short, all ended very well and my brother was over the moon as Rayanne House had been on his wishlist. I was so impressed by the way Bernie dealt with this situation - she was genuinely concerned and did everything possible to avoid disappointment. She was fantastic and, while everything was sorted out in a most professional and speedy manner, what came across most of all was the warm, friendly and thoughtful way in which she dealt with it, keeping in touch with me at all hours, given that I was in Sydney and there was an 11 hour time difference.
So, people, and especially any Sydney-siders or other good folk from this great 'land down under', if you want great 'craic', great food, great accommodation and the best of service and hospitality that Northern Ireland (or anywhere else for that matter!) has to offer, book your stay for the Titanic Dinner at Raynne House asap. Depend on it, you will truly have a 'night to remember'!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rayanne House offers a boutique experience where period meets present, charm & comfort, luxury & location, elegance & excellent service. Multi award winning Rayanne House is a unique period property with private grounds, parking and spectacular views over Belfast Lough. A genuine friendly welcome awaits you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda and Hotel.de so you can book your Rayanne House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rayanne House Hotel Holywood
- Rayanne Hotel Holywood
- Rayanne House Holywood, Northern Ireland