“Over night stay”

Culloden Estate & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Holywood
“Over night stay”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Husband and I treated ourselves to a night away from the kids. Had a fantastic night, everything was perfect! The staff could not have been friendlier, and our waitress Samantha was super! Wonderful food,wine and cocktails. Lovely wee treat!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa L
cullodenhotel, General Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear LisaL

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind comments regarding the Culloden Estate and Spa.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Culloden Hotel in the near future.

Helen Caters

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Polish first
Bangor, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2014

A friend and I had a 1 night stay and I would def recommend it we had 5 star treatment from the minute we went through the door until we left, the hotel was spotless and good was very good. The staff were fantastic nothing was to much bother ,My only downside was the amount of stairs as im unable to use stairs but that was my only fault ,I discovered we could get to the spa another way .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Alison D

I would like to take this opportunity to express my thanks for your very kind comments about the Culloden Estate and Spa and particularly about our staff.

Portrush, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

1st visit to culloden and was really pleased, staff are very friendly, food in the cultural inn was excellent and breakfast buffet also excellent, having recently visited lough eske castle, the bathroom in culloden was slightly dated, but perfectly functional. For us the big big plus for this hotel was the gym, without doubt the best hotel gym we have ever been in, for this alone we will def return, pool was small and not for swimming and the jacuzzi was out of operation due to them having put chemicals in at lunch time, not ideal shoud have been done 1st thing, minor gripe but worthy of mentioning, staff make up for any other minor issues, and we were upgraded to an executive room :-)

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
cullodenhotel, Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Shazza401

I would like to take this opportunity to express my thanks for your kind comments about the Culloden Estate and Spa and particularly about our staff.

Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This is our second stay at a Hastings Group Hotel, and again, we weren't disappointed. The accommodation was of a standard matching the five star rating, given by the Northern Ireland Tourism Board. The only thing that some people may find a little unusual was there was no mini bar in our room. A fridge is handy to keep water cold etc. We had the cheapest double room, being a superior room. The best hotel beds that I have ever slept on, anywhere around the world. The Hastings Group have these bed throughout their group of hotels.

The bathroom facilities were great, a large deep bath, separate overhead shower, with lovely toiletries and towels.

Service throughout the hotel was always on hand, yet not intrusive. We attended two functions at the Culloden, which included a four course meal, which was of high standard for over 300 people.

I would love to stay again and have the time to use the Spa facilities. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Look on their website and other independent websites for this hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Janice R

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Have stayed here and tried the different dining options on various occasions. There appears to be an emphasis on service with lots of attentive staff around everywhere.I like the spacious rooms and large beds, feeling very relaxed when in them. The public areas are very nice but I don't like seeing lots of uniformed people around all the time, which reminds me of being at work, surrounded by people in suits at the office. The staff are lovely but I prefer to forget they're there and let my mind wander if possible.

The nearby folk and transport museums are high quality and add a lot to the location. This hotel, while being on a great road for moving around, is quite stuck out on a limb. I imagine this makes it a nice place for spa/health breaks or just a fun getaway but it looks like having a car or using taxis would be a major advantage if you intend to pop in and out.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear xxReviewerxx

Northern Ireland
Reviewed January 26, 2014

My wife and I have just returned home to less than sunny Coleraine after another terrific weekend at the Culloden.

It was nothing short of excellent, no more no less.

Every last member of staff has a phenomenal "can do" professional friendly attitude that made the weekend that bit extra special.

Huge thanks to everyone on the team

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I had the most amazing time and experience at the Culloden Estate. I visited to attend the Van Morrison convert and from the time I arrived until the time I left was amazing. The spa and gym were beautiful as well.
Staff were all very polite, helpful and overall presentation of the hotel was great.
Location is easy from Belfast City airport, grounds and gardens amazing with a beautiful view of the water.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holywood
La Mon Hotel & Country Club
Stormont Hotel
Stormont Hotel
#11 of 44 in Belfast
Clandeboye Lodge Hotel

Been to Culloden Estate & Spa? Share your experiences!