“Best of Belfast”

Ulster Folk & Transport Museum
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Holywood
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore thatched cottages, farms, schools and shops as you experience life from over 100 years ago. Chat to costumed visitor guides as they demonstrate traditional crafts and meet farm animals in the beautiful parkland of the Folk Museum. Discover more than 500 original artefacts at TITANICa, climb on and off majestic steam locomotives and explore horse drawn carriages, electric trams, boats, motorbikes, fire-engines and vintage cars in the Transport Museum.
Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best of Belfast”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This summer I have made a big effort to take my 4 year old son out and about as we were not getting a holiday abroad and we have visited many museums and attractions around Northern Ireland. Our last visit was to the UF&TM and as we only had half a day we chose only to go to the transport museum. I can easily say it was one of the best days out we've had all summer. He loved it! His #1 attraction of all of Northern Ireland not just Holywood.

Visited August 2013

Nantwich, United Kingdom
411 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 173 helpful votes
“Great museum”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I found the transport collection to be very good and TITANICa to be the best of the similar themed attractions we visited on a whole weekend in Belfast.

The hidden gem for me was at the back of the air section where I found to my complete surprise the short SC1, a very rare piece of our post war jet heritage

Well worth a visit

Visited July 2013
Antrim, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“You Must See This Place!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We hadn't visited this place in quite a while and what an improvement! The coffee shop, the loads of farm animals, new attractions such as the pig sty (!), all made this place a great spot to visit. I must specifically mention the Blacksmith's workshop; the guy in there was so helpful and informative and chatted whilst he turned-out some superb pieces of work. Nothing was any trouble and we had a thoroughly enjoyable time in his presence.

Visited August 2013
UK
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best Museum”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Superb day out. I love this museum and cannot rate it highly enough. It's like taking a step back in time with the old sweet shop, the old school house and the old cottages which have been rebuilt. The children love going and get a great sense of what life used to be like. The staff are very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. If you ever have an opportunity to go then don't hesitate it's a superb day out.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lee546
belfast northern ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Good day out”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I live near by and recommend this attraction. Churches, houses, cottages have been moved and rebuilt into this village style museum set around the year 1900.

Visited September 2012