“Visit to my old family home!”

Ulster Folk & Transport Museum
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Holywood
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore thatched cottages, farms, schools and shops as you experience life from over 100 years ago. Chat to costumed visitor guides as they demonstrate traditional crafts and meet farm animals in the beautiful parkland of the Folk Museum. Discover more than 500 original artefacts at TITANICa, climb on and off majestic steam locomotives and explore horse drawn carriages, electric trams, boats, motorbikes, fire-engines and vintage cars in the Transport Museum.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Have been to this excellent attraction several times and always learn something new. The house my mother was born in in Dromore County Down was taken down and re-built as part of the little town there. My Grandfather was Joseph Magill and although he started of his working life as a cobbler her switched to the new phase which at that time was bicycles. Now I have a lovely little grandson named after him. The transport museum is really excellent as well and there I was able to find the old steam train which I traveled on as a boy from Dromore to Newcastle. A wonderful day out each time we go there.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My Girlfriend and I both had the Day off work and wanted something different to do so we decided to go the Folk and transport Museum. We got there at 12 o clock. This was a little too late by my own admission. We would have been better off getting there an hour or 2 earlier to see everything there was to see.

The folk museum was very interesting seeing how people lived and worked in the days gone by. Several little shops you can visit too. Tradition sweet shops. Keep sake shops. Old farms and farming tools.

I particularly Enjoyed the transport museum. I love seeing Old cars and Old trains I find them fascinating. The trams and Buses were good too. I quite the small titanic section of the museum also with some artifacts that were recovered from the sunken vessel. There is a small tea room here that served snacks and sandwiches which was good for lunch. There is an even larger tea room at the folk museum with a larger menu and seating area.

All in all it was good day out and I would definitely go back again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Been here twice and a really great day out for the family. Plenty to see in the Village itself showing you how Old Ireland was plus the transport museum was an additional bonus

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Fun day out, great trip for any transport lover. Trains and buses they are all there. Kids love it and adults will to. Worth a visit. You won't regret it.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a gem of a museum; it should be a must for anyone visiting Belfast. We visited the transport museum first, enjoying pretending to drive all of the old trains, buses and trams. Then we visited the Titanica exhibition, which is very different from the new attraction in central Belfast but really interesting. You can listen to first hand accounts of the sinking from survivors, see artifacts and read about some of the characters on-board. There is a little cafe in the transport museum but the staff member we spoke to recommended we visit the cafe in the folk museum and we're glad we did.

The folk museum is amazing. Full of old buildings transported from all over the country and rebuilt and kitted out as they would have been in their heyday. Brilliant. We were fascinated and ran out of time - you can dedicate a whole day to this museum, easily.

The cafe at the folk museum offers a lovely afternoon tea for two for 14 pounds - great value. They are happy to provide bottomless tea, too. The scones were gorgeous and easily 10cm in diameter. You are also able to choose the sandwich filling.

Highly recommended.