“Thoroughly enjoyable”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Thoroughly enjoyable”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Visited here on Friday night with my parents for a pre Mother's Day meal and I can say we were thoroughly impressed. Two of us had the scallops and pork belly special which was delicious, the scallops were cooked beautifully. The other enjoyed the monkfish special. The only negative thing I could say we're the potatoes in the dauphinoise were a little crunchy. We shared a cheeseboard for dessert which was fab, three generous wedges of cheese served with beautiful crackers and fig chutney. The waiting staff were fantastic, as they always are! Will definitely come back and I have already recommended it to several others!

2 Thank Suzanne B

Groomsport, United Kingdom
“Another Wonderful Lunch!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

As my wife and I weren't able to go for a Valentines evening meal due to work commitments, we decided to go for lunch instead. Where? Where else but my favourite restaurant - Enigma! Firstly, may I first correct ”Yourpete” on his review entitled ”nothing exciting”. He states that he was given the option of a set menu or a la carte - actually the menu was not a la carte, it was the Bistro menu. One could be mistaken for it being an a la carte menu due to the exceptional quality and range on the menu. It has to be remembered that the Bistro menu in Enigma would probably be the equivalent to an a la carte menu in more inferior restaurants. Enigma's a la carte menu does not start until 7pm. Secondly, as for Enigma being expensive - rubbish! How can a 2 course meal of exceptional quality for £12.95 be expensive? Anyway, our meal was delicious and I had my favourite Pork Belly! Delicious as ever!

3 Thank Simon A
Belfast
“Nothing exciting”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Arranged a lunch for a party of 6. When we arrived we started with a couple of drinks whilst we settled down – our table was ready when we arrived ok – we just wanted a few drinks first.

The dining room was quite cold and a heater form the reception needed to be moved to keep us a bit warmer.

The selection was either a set price menu of a la carte plus some specials.

A couple of bottles of reasonable house red helped the meal along and some had starters whilst others opted for puddings. Overall the food was reasonable but nothing exceptional.

We thought that when all was totalled up and the bill paid that the experience was expensive for what we had had.

• Visited January 2013
“Great musical Sunday lunch”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

One Sunday a month Enigma puts on music at lunch time. The food is always great here anyway so having the music from about 2pm was an added bonus. Highly recommend Enigma.

• Visited December 2012
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Amazing Lunch, highly recommend!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Called in today for lunch with my mum. 2course lunch menu priced very reasonably. We had bread/olive and goats cheese starters and veg curry and pork belly main, they were gorgeous!!! No faults at all. Unfortunately no room for dessert though! That just means we will have to come back soon & leave room for dessert!
Would definately recommend, great food, friendly efficient service & reasonable/affordable prices!

• Visited February 2013