“Enjoyable - Friendly - Helpful”

The Haldon Guest House
Ranked #31 of 97 Paignton B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Haldon Guest House, The staff were really polite and helpful and offered lots of assistance with our pushchair for our 15 month old daughter. The room we had was ideal for myself, the wife and our daughter. The breakfast was tasty with good service. The location was excellent, close to shops and the beach, and although there was no parking they helped us find suitable parking spaces close to the hotel. We have stayed in Paignton several times and this has been our favourite so far. They warned that there might be problems with their Wi-Fi but I had no problems the entire stay.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

2nd visit to Haldon and this time I brought the entire clan - a group of 13 for a 3-night stay to attend my son's wedding. Fee and Mike were truly wonderful hosts and very accommodating to our needs; even offered to arrange taxis for the 13 people to be taken to the venue, set up iron board for our use which really meant a lot just to make our stay stress-free and comfortable. They made us all feel right at home from the moment we walked in. Rooms were very clean and tidy. Location was very convenient within walking distance to the beach, train station and the shops. Breakfast was absolutely great with plenty of toasts and tea refills. My whole family thoroughly enjoyed Paignton and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I would highly recommend to my friends and to anyone going to Paignton to stay at Haldon Guest House. Thank you for making our visit an amazing experience. I look forward to seeing you both again when I visit my new in-laws.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
TheHaldon, Owner at The Haldon Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review - it was great to see you again and to have your family stay with us, we're so glad you all enjoyed your stay, and the weather was fabulous for the wedding. We look forward to welcoming you all again soon.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We all really enjoyed the stay at the guest house, Fee and Mike were welcoming from the start and made us feel right at home as soon as we stepped through the door.
Breakfast was lovely, a group of 13 of us and we all enjoyed the breakfast provided and the rooms were really nice, comfortable and clean.
The location is great, only about a 2minute walk to the beach and 5minutes to all the shops.
We would definately go back!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Wonderful stay! Friendly atmosphere that makes you feel right at home :) I thoroughly enjoyed my stay for the second time! The best place to stay when you go to Paignton. Mike and Fee are very nice and extremely helpful to any of your needs. And on top of that they have delicious breakfasts! They accommodate for not only small groups but also for very large family ones. When your visiting Paignton the Haldon Guest House is your home away from home.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Really lovely and traditional. We were made to feel very welcome. Paignton is such a nice resort and the guest house is located practically on the beach. The breakfast was cooked well and plenty to eat. Set up for the day we went and enjoyed the sunshine

Reviewed August 7, 2013

just got back from a 6 night stay for sons wedding what a lovely clean guest house with all the facilities you need. mike and fee are very warm and lovely people who like to help if you need any advice .Breakfast was good with plenty of choice what more could you want. would very much recommend stay we had superior room with on suite thank you mike and fee for all your help good luck for the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The stay was warm clean with a lovely homely feel to it . I would certainly use you again when in the area and recommend you to friends and family . During our stay we had a wedding to attend
In which I was tasked to arrange taxis for 18 people to be taken to the venue . With little knowledge of the local taxi companies I asked Mike(the proprietor) to do this for me, which in no time he did to my delight . On the day the taxis were a shambles they run late with every excuse under the sun . By which time Mike was on the phone demanding answers defending his guests to the the hilt which should me a sign of great loyalty .