“Great Burgers!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Torbay, England, United Kingdom
“Great Burgers!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have dined here on many occasions, and always find that the service and food is very good! Always pleasantly dealt with when booking tables on the phone, and also dealt with in a friendly manner at the restaurant itself.

The restaurant itself doesn't look appealing from the outside, but the views from the inside are lovely! It does have a slightly cold feeling about it inside, but that's just the design of the 60's style building!

Their burgers are my favourite as they are large portions with lots of variety of add-ons!

I have to admit I wasn't impressed with their lasagne or pizza but they're not an italian so can't expect too much!

Their home made desserts are very good too!

• Visited August 2013

Totnes, United Kingdom
“Fantastic as usual”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We went tonight for our aniverrsary. We must like the place considering the choice available. The food was lovely. We both had the Blackened Cajun Tuna as it's our favourite. Not a romantic place really but there was a candle on the table. Lovely view over the bay whilst there was still sunlight. All in all good value. Service is excellent. We'll be back.

• Visited September 2013
“Lovely location and tasty food”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed in Paignton for 5 days and had our breakfast at Shoreline most days. We also went for a couple of dinners. I'd recommend the breakfast baps and the pizza snd seabass we're really tasty. It's got lovely views over the bay.

Torbay
“Oh dear!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Went for quick meal here last evening, hadn't been there for a while. Sad .to see its beginning to look a bit shabby, the wooden table tops had lost their top veneer and generally the place feels a bit tired. The food was again average. One of us had a burger and has this morning been sick 3 times and didn't sleep at all well. Now, this may have been the burger or not, we don't know, other than to say he wasn't unwell before he ate it, & it was the only thing he at last evening, the juries out on this one! But you can't be too careful.

• Visited September 2013
philatpaigntonbeach, Owner at Shoreline, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
I'm sorry a member of your party was poorly but there is absolutely no evidence or proof that our food made him ill and I consider this comment to be libelous. We follow the safer food better business program and hold an EHO "scores on the doors" of 5/5. If he hadn't eaten anything else, the chances are he may have already been feeling ill, or of course it could be something he had to eat or drink previously or simply not washing his hands.

The following description of food poisoning is from the NHS website:
"The symptoms of food poisoning usually develop 1–3 days after eating contaminated food. However, depending on the type of food poisoning, symptoms can develop between one hour and several weeks after eating contaminated food."
From this I think it is fair to conclude that it is most unlikely that any illness was anything to do with us and to assume so is quite simply wrong!!

I know some of the tables are starting to show their age and I know i've used the following paragraph before, but I would remind all our customers, old and new, that we are a small family business that strives to offer good value for money. The seafront is a harsh environment; the exterior weathers quickly and inside everything suffers from the abrasive effects of sand carried in from the beach on shoes, boots and clothing. And that’s without the idiots that let their kids carve there names into the tables and stab the seating with their cutlery! We re-decorate annually and replace part of our equipment and furniture each year. We do not have the multi million pound budgets of large chains, but I am confident that our products are of a much higher quality, and we do not have inflated prices!
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Better Than it Looks”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and I were struggling to select somewhere to eat on our first night in Paignton and were recommended this restaurant. Its outward appearance is very austere and dated. Nonetheless we climbed the many steps and were greeted by a jovial waiter with an apron longer than his shorts (not the best of first impressions). We were seated looking out to sea, everywhere in the restaurant has a good panoramic view. My wife ordered a Ploughman's Lunch and was able to alter the cheese on offer by omitting the Brie and increasing a portion of another variety which I felt was a nice touch. I have the Hunter's Chicken Burger which was excellent, it was well cooked and the sauce was first class. I would have no problem in returning if in the area again.