“good food average service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Blagdon Inn

Blagdon Inn
Ranked #34 of 181 Restaurants in Paignton
Cuisines: British, Grill, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“good food average service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Called in on the way back from Torquay. Staff not very helpful in finding a table as we hadnt booked but it was very early in the evening and nobdy else in there. The decor was very fresh and neat. The carvery on a wednesday evening was very good couldnt fault anything about the food. We were sat on a table with more places set than we required and when the extra cutlery was cleared this was placed with other clean cutlery that was stored to go out to tables but surely they had no idea if we had handled it, it would have been nice to have seen it being wiped before this was placed with clean cutlery.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank PlumDuff2013

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal, lovely atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We called in at the Blagdon Inn on our way back to our holiday apartment in Kingswear after a long and tiring, but very enjoyable full day out and were lucky enough to be able to get a table straight away, despite the restaurant being very full and very busy. The staff were friendly and helpful and very attentive throughout our time there that evening. The menu was extensive and varied and not over-expensive and the meals we ordered, including dessert, were plentiful and delicious. The exterior of the building was very attractive and inviting and the interior was clean, modern, tastefully decorated and had a lovely atmosphere. We would highly recommend the Blagdon Inn and will definitely be going back next time we are on holiday in Dartmouth.

Regensburg, Germany
“Nice Sunday Carvery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We are here on vacation from Germany, and chose this restaurant after it was suggested to us on this forum. Only 4 tables were occupied. The restaurant itself is really nice, light colours, comfortable seats. Our waitress was friendly. For the Sunday Carvery we could choose from Roast Beef, Pork Shoulder or Turkey. We were 6 people, 4 of us took the roast beef, the meat was good right after it was cut off, but kind of dried out quickly when cooled down. It tasted good though. My mom had the turkey, which she liked a lot, my aunt had the pork, which was also good, maybe a bit fat.
The vegetables were very good, and they had different sauces to choose from.
The bathrooms were also very clean.
For us, this was the first time we ever had a Sunday roast in England and all in all, it was good and a nice experience.

• Visited September 2013
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Sack the lot of them.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I pay money into this place, I go in because it is literally on my doorstep and I mean literally. They serve a decent pint of real ale, as for the food, I personally find it ok. What piddles me off, other than the ultra modern decor inside is the staff. They are the rudest, ignorant, uninterested, bunch I have EVER known in the service industry. Tina b, hit the nail on the head in what she wrote in her second sentence, the lady who was "serving" last Friday spoke to me like I was something passed out of the rear end of a dog, I pay her wages and dont expect service like that, as for the rest of the staff....waste of time. The manager who is Portuagese is a hard working and happy, polite individual so lets keep him out of this shocking review. I have a lot of contacts in the Torbay and South Hams areas and im led to believe, from more than one person that this "15th century, thatched Devon inn" (see second sentence) is going to be taken over AGAIN, note to new landlord.....keep the existing manager and do yourself one big favour, get rid of the dead wood, there are plenty of job opportunities up "Grockle Alley" serving chips and kiss me kwick hats to the day trippers, but in my honest opinion they dont belong in what could be one of the gems in the local drinking scene. Call me grumpy, but as a fully paid up member of Camra, who frequents many a fine drinking establishment in Torbay perhaps a certain J.D.W. should consider taking on the lease.

1 Thank marka0017
St Austell, United Kingdom
“Best carvery I've had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I stopped off here to have lunch on our way home to Cornwall from a weekend in Paignton & Torquay. Pub offered a Sunday carvery of £7.95 for one course but we took the option of £10.95 for two courses and had a desert too.

I had Turkey and my wife had Beef. Both very excellent. Meat was obviously cooked very fresh and recently and the veg on offer was of a very good quality indeed and very plentiful.

For desert I had a gateaux and ice cream which was also delicious. I would recommend this pub for it's carvery. Next time we head that way we might try an evening meal there too.

The decor was very clean and tidy and was very comfortable to sit and eat in.