“The staff have no manner's at all”

Ye Olde Smokey House
Ranked #82 of 191 Restaurants in Paignton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The staff are rude,very unhelpful,food was cold,I told the girl behind the bar and her answer was well dont eat it then. I would never go back again.

2  Thank louise_mays

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Love the smokey for the food and the staff are so friendly and nice such a lovely carvery tge place is just fantastic do not change a thing smokey !!!! Woop woop !!!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Me and my family visited here for my grandmothers birthday, it was a wednesday night, the carvery was AMAZING as always and i must say the Chef was BRILLIANT! He catered for my daughter who is a bit fussy over meat! The waitress think her name was Sarah! (hope it is) She was brill, very polite and helpful lovely girl. Me and my family will return here for sure! My brothers had mixed grills and they were huge and extremely yummy too :) Thank you ye olde smokey for a lovely night :)

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We go to the old smokey a lot because we like the carvery. The plates are tiny considering what it costs but we still go back. We try and sit in the conservatory because the restaurant is pretty dark. Don't find the staff that helpful but we just order and fetch ourself. Highly recommend the parsnips

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Called in last week , sat in the conservatory ,which I didn’t mind as I think the restaurant is dark anyway , I had the mixed grill ,which is got to be up there as the best mixed grill in the bay ( not so sure about the taste of the mushrooms though ) anyway the grill was superb as always ,on the biggest plate in the country, my partner had the scampi , of which she devoured with sounds of mmmmmmmmm, my eldest lad ( 12 )had the steamed cod in tarragon white sauce and boilies, he did have to go and get his own veg though from the carvery buffet ,not something I was keen on , if we wanted food from the cheap carvery of which the veg isn’t that fresh I would have had the stack it high cheap food from the carvery, cant see the point of letting down a good meal with limp veg.
My youngest had the burger and chips.
All was lovely and the staffs were really friendly.