“Average”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dartmouth, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Decided to visit The Ship again as we could sit and eat outside with the dog. I fancied a nice juicy steak on this occasion, which I like 'medium to rare'. However, when I went to order the waitress said oh yes, 'medium rare'. When I pointed out that there was a difference she said she could only select the 'medium rare' option on the till. There is nothing worse than ordering a steak and it arrives not cooked to your expectations, so I ended up ordering a burger, which was okay, but nothing to write home about. The waitress was very friendly, but all in all a very average experience.

Visited June 2013

“The Managers attitude stunk”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Now I've been visiting this site since 2000 and after last weeks events I will never go back again. After waiting in a queue for about 20 minutes the manager told me I was in the wrong queue and this was drinks only. I pointed out that the sign at the bar says order anywhere at the bar for food and drinks !! His reply was not in the summer so you will have to queue again.. He then turned to a local and said we get this every bloody summer !!! Nice manager you have here, I think you need a change

Visited May 2013
bristol
“Forget it!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The girl behind the bar was serving drinks,taking phone bookings, booking customer meals in on the till. As you can imagine she was a little stressed! Placed an order for 4 steaks, paid and waited. And waited, has another drink and finally the meal came. 2 of the orders were wrong, well this is what you paid for was the reply. No offer to change the meal. Like it or lump it was the order of the day.
Needless to say will not be going again soon.

• Visited May 2013
Tywardreath, null, United Kingdom
“The sizzle”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Lovely food.Would go back next holiday.Have not stopped talking about it yet because we enjoyed it that much.

Visited May 2013
Nuneaton, England, United Kingdom
“The worst meal I have ever eaten”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

we were staying at a B&B two doors down and decided to eat here for easy 05/05/2013. We order very quickly and then my 3 year old changed her mind of which desert she wanted we asked if we could change it and pay the difference. we were told no it would cause stockl issues and to go and sit down. not a good a start. we had a lovely waitress called danielle.
our meals came my husband had a steak with no vegatables at all and I had the chicken burger which was suppost to be a chicken breast. I bit in to it and can confirm it definetly wasn't a chicken breast it was chewy greasy and full of grissle. I tried to get some ones attention with no avail so just left it. 40 minutes later i went to the bar to ask if my daughter could have her dessert and order one to share. her comment was it will be out when its and out are sure you only need one desert at your size. rude it was disgraceful i wanted to leave but my daughters desert had arrived by then. I complained about the chicken I was told it was a product fault thats it.
I would never go again and this has put off the chain vile vile vile.

• Visited May 2013