“The worst meal I have ever eaten”
Review of Ship Inn

Ship Inn
Ranked #115 of 182 Restaurants in Paignton
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Nuneaton, England, United Kingdom
“The worst meal I have ever eaten”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

we were staying at a B&B two doors down and decided to eat here for easy 05/05/2013. We order very quickly and then my 3 year old changed her mind of which desert she wanted we asked if we could change it and pay the difference. we were told no it would cause stockl issues and to go and sit down. not a good a start. we had a lovely waitress called danielle.
our meals came my husband had a steak with no vegatables at all and I had the chicken burger which was suppost to be a chicken breast. I bit in to it and can confirm it definetly wasn't a chicken breast it was chewy greasy and full of grissle. I tried to get some ones attention with no avail so just left it. 40 minutes later i went to the bar to ask if my daughter could have her dessert and order one to share. her comment was it will be out when its and out are sure you only need one desert at your size. rude it was disgraceful i wanted to leave but my daughters desert had arrived by then. I complained about the chicken I was told it was a product fault thats it.
I would never go again and this has put off the chain vile vile vile.

• Visited May 2013

“Stay away”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I live in paignton and we waited nearly 2 hours for food even though there was not very many people in and I nearly died at the price of the beer needless to say it will be another 2 years before I even think about coming here again far to expensive for a side street pub and food not that good

• Visited April 2013
Bridgend, United Kingdom
“poker!!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

very nice pub/eatery which stages a poker night twice a week, something a little different, only thing spoiled our night was a gang of giggling girls who got louder as the night went on.

Visited April 2013
Wales
“Does what it says on the tin!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Decent pub food. Excellent service and friendly bar staff. Had a really good steak that was well cooked.

• Visited April 2013
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Never again”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

6 local ladies went for meal lunch time, my sirloin steak was mostly fat and my friend was having trouble cutting her,s, so another meal was brought out for us, I have to say mine was still a struggle to eat, with all the fat in the middle, so ended up just eating the chips and leaving the steak, pointed itl out to the waitress and one of the girls asked if I could have a free pudding as the steak was still inedible, "no" was the reply " you should have said earlier" well Im sorry Ship Inn for inconveniencing you by not being able to eat your food, and Im sorry if I upset your staff by complaining, we will not return.

• Visited March 2013