“Highly Recommended!”

The Cherra
The Cherra
Ranked #74 of 97 Paignton B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I spent over a week at the lovely Cherra Guesthouse, while out from Australia (visiting my father who was unwell). I chose the right place to stay! The room was clean and comfortable and Graham and Lorraine were very welcoming, warm and friendly hosts. Cherra was recommended to me by another family member who had stayed on a previous visit. I loved the bright and airy dining room, where breakfast we served each morning (would be great to see this room being used to serve the odd evening meal too!). Although I stayed there on my own on this trip, I thought how nice it would have been to have had the family with me. My kids and husband, would have loved the pool table, jukebox and all playing the board games on offer. I would happily recommend Cherra to anyone reading this review.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 2, 2012

single parent 2 teenagers stay for a week. Great stay, really friendly and very accommodating. rooms are light and airy, well looked after and good touch with flowers from garden and tea, coffee and biscuits every day. Made to really welcome. thank you. Good value too.

Room Tip: Adjoining room for the kids was really welcome! tv in both rooms
Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Graham and Lorraine gave us a very warm welcome&were so friendly&helpful throughout our stay.It was no problem for us to check-in abit early or to leave our bags there after check-out so we could enjoy another day in paignton-which we did!!Our room and bathroom were comfortable&spotless,we also appreciated the complimentary toiletries,bag of sweets&fresh flowers-all lovely touches which makes you feel that these people care!!Breakfast was excellent,none of this supermarket rubbish and was plentiful.great views,especially liked the lounge with bar,pool table,chess set and wurlitzer jukebox.Brilliant location,10 minutes walk to harbour,beach,town centre -i would recommend paignton zoo as a day out to anyone,and its close.We had a really enjoyable stay.Louisa&johnny

Room Tip: number one was nice,sea views!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2012

What a superb weekend i had down in Paignton at the BMAD bike festival. I Arrived at The Cherra very cold after the ride down on the bike, and was warmly greeted by Loraine and Graham( really nice ,nothing too much trouble) . The room was superb ,and the coffee and sweets were a nice touch. I found The Cherra was in an excellent location regards to the town and noticed how quiet the area was ( slept well both nights) . Breakfast was excellent. One of the reasons why i chose The Cherra was the amount of off road parking it has (no worries there). All in all a superb weekend and will definitely go again and stay at The Cherra.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We arrived at The Cherra to a very warm and friendly welcome from Graham and Loraine. Our en suite room was light, spacious and clean and the added touch of fresh flowers and sweeties was very nice. The Cherra is in a quiet location but only a short walk away from the town which was ideal when going out for an evening meal. The lounge and bar area was very relaxing and we were also able to enjoy a few games of pool here. For anyone wanting to read books or play board games, there were a selection of these for guests to use. We slept well during our 4 night stay as the bed was very comfortable. The Dining Room was tastefully decorated and light. For breakfast there was orange juice, cereal, toast and a full English which was cooked to perfection. We were impressed with the good quality of the sausages compared to cheaper ones served at many other B&Bs.
Our stay was most enjoyable and we would certainly recommend The Cherra. We think it is excellent value for money.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JulieG325
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Loraine and Graham made us very welcome. If the new look lounge/bar area is anything to go by the renovations they are undertaking will make this an extra special place to stay. Will happily stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tr0gl0dyte
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

New owners Graham and his wife made us feel very welcome. My party booked the two family rooms which were both spotless with a fresh modern decor of a standard I was not expecting for the very reasonable price we paid. Due to the heavy weekend we had I could not really review the breakfast however I will point out that the owners were willing to alter the serving times to cater round us as well as knocking on our door on our last morning to confirm whether we wanted to eat or not before he closed the kitchen. Quality. I find most B&B's seem to set you up to fail as far as breakfast times are concerned! Would be my first choice to stay at should I find myself in Paignton again.

• Stayed: May 2012