“Pleasant”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Paignton
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Pleasant”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stopped for four nights in June as I was working at a nearby show. The hotel itself is quite nice, but probably not the best location as it's easy to get lost trying to find it! Like I did a few times! The breakfast is a bit hit and miss, so don't expect too much. I found sleep quality to be 10/10. Wifi wasn't the best, and kept knocking off, but I was at the end of the block so this is probably why. No major complaints, I had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Liverpool
Reviewed June 18, 2014

we had a few days away at this lovely hotel, made better by the charming family that runs it. nothing seemed to much trouble. Excellent rooms and very good restaurant. We'll be going back. Thanks Debbie

1 Thank WoodyLiverpool
south wales
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed for two nights for a quick getaway. This is a lovely hotel made better by the lovely family running it. Breakfast was perfect. Room very clean and comfortable. Ample parking and great location, away from the noise of Paignton but within walking distance. Would definitely choose this hotel if we return to Paignton in the future.

1 Thank KittySouthWales
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We have just returned from a lovely few days in Devon we stayed at summer hill hotel in Paignton and had a lovely few days there .

The hotel was lovely we couldn't fault it at al and the food wes beautifully cooked with lots of choice .

We had a room with a balcony which was especially nice as we exceptional weather while we were there and it was nice to sit out and have a coffee in the fresh air and see views of the beach

We would highly recommend this hotel as nothing was too much trouble and will certainly stay there again in the very near future certainly good value for the price we paid .

Carole and bill Kitchener

Room Tip: We had a balcony with our room which was really nice .
1 Thank carole k
West Midlands
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Only managed 4 nights here but it was a very welcome short break. As a 'new' vegetarian, I sampled the veggie breakfast. Wonderful! It kept me going all through the day until my evening meal. This was also a very good experience. The prawn salad was lovely with plenty of it, but all very healthy! I also sampled the Scottish salmon dish and strawberries with clotted cream.
The beds here are very comfortable and I had no trouble sleeping after my long walks during the day.
The dining room/bar area has been recently decorated with pleasing effect.
Spotlessly clean throughout this hotel offers a warm welcome for a home from home holiday any time of the year.

Room Tip: I like room 7 and 8 with balconies, lovely to sit out with an afternoon cuppa
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Accrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2014

A lovely hotel, nicely situated not far from either Paignton or Goodrington, both walking distance, but if you want take your car there are plenty of spaces in the 2 car parks. In fact the sea can be seen from bedroom, lounge and large dining room. The family are very pleasant and friendly and make you feel as though you are special guests. The bedroom was spacious with a comfortable bed, and a large bathroom with bath & power shower. The room had a hospitality tray with everything you could want, teas (fruit as well as normal) coffee & hot chocolate. The bathroom also has complimentary shampoo and bath/shower liquids. And if you need a lift, they have one to all floors. But the meals..... Wonderful. The choices are terrific and the portions are definately not small. From breakfasts to fantastic steak & ale pie, to the tastiest tenderest steak that I\'ve had in a long time (just to name 2 main courses). And desserts. Just don\'t try to stick on a diet. Everything is homemade but fantastic. This was our 1st visit to Summerhill but will not be our last. Many thanks to Debbie and family for a lovely stay. Definately recommend this hotel.'

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed in hotel summerhill for 2 weeks. Im from germany, I was there to visit a language school in Paingnton.
I enjoyed my stay in Hotel summerhill very much. The rooms are very nice and very clean.
The view is wunderfull and around the hotel is a beauty garden.
The owner are very kind and attentive.
I would come back!

Room Tip: I was in room number 9, a wunderfull room.....
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business