“Tasty food and accommodating staff”
Review of East in the West

East in the West
Ranked #9 of 187 Restaurants in Paignton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Food was great and staff very nice indeed - recommended!
I didn't like that it was fully booked but liked that they still fit us in before the next sitting :)

1  Thank Alex K

Reviewed August 24, 2014

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to visit on the first night of our holiday. We walked in to a beautifully decorated restaurant with a warm and cosy atmosphere. The lady host was welcoming and offered help with the menu if we needed it, the menu is nothing like what you would find in other Indian restaurants. The food was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious! We started with poppadoms and pickles and onion bhajis, two main courses, a naan and a rice to share. The bill including 3 pints of Cobra lager came to an amazing £42. There are lots of vegetarian choices on the menu and they will cook the meals to your choice of mild, medium or hot. A really authentic Indian meal......I wish we lived closer.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

East in The West is not like any other Indian restaurant I have been in - others tend to just pack you in, and East in the West has a totally different atmosphere about it. I loved the decor, the authentic music and also that the lady host was wearing a sari. They made us feel welcome and seemed to care if we where having a good time and that everything was OK with the food. I came here with my family whilst we where on holiday - I wish East in the West was located where I lived so I could make it my local, I cannot rate it and recommend it highly enough! As I said in the title, I had the most delicious curry there that I have ever eaten - the food is just delicious! :)

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

After being recommended by the hotel we tried it
Words can't do this restaurant justice
Friendly service excellent food
There's a few so called Indians need to come here and note how it's done properly

Reviewed August 22, 2014

I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant - the service is first class and the food out of this world. As the title of this review indicates, this was the best Indian meal I have outside of India itself.

1  Thank Joanna186422