“Exactly as it says on the tin”
Review of Grand Central Bar

Grand Central Bar
Ranked #11 of 187 Restaurants in Paignton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Torbay's premier sports bar, serving breakfast from 8am daily, full lunch/dinner menu from 12noon including a Vegan & Gluten Free 'Free From' menu. We have a great selection of drinks and coffee and welcome 4 legged friends
Reviewed August 24, 2013

When we are on holiday we have breakfast out most days and this is one of our favourites for a great home cooked taste! Very good portions!
They have a full breakfast menu offering traditional, bagels, pancakes and my favourite, the mini New York steak breakfast.
Service is always good from friendly staff.
Coffee is excellent too, one of the best in Paignton.
Have also had light lunches and snacks. can recommend the nachos.
Keep meaning to try the roasts!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

On previous visits to Paignton this cafe/bar was a favourite of ours. And having noted that the bar was under the same owners we decided to visit them for our evening meal.

On entering we were greeted by the owner who was more than happy to accommodate our party of 5 (4 adults 7 a baby; in a pram). He also gave the impression that he did remember us from previous visits. Both he and his staff were polite and personable.

As in the past the menu contained a wide variety of foods that met the tastes of a varied clientele. Our attention was also drawn to the 'Specials board' this contained additional dishes as well as meal deals. We found the choices and prices more than acceptable. And extremely good value for money.

Once we had chosen from the menu our orders were placed with ease at the bar; our special request was not an issue for them either. The food did take a little while to arrive; however, it was piping hot, appealing to the eye and also tasted good.

As we were leaving we were reminded by the owner that we could book a table for anytime during the day or evening.

We would highly recommend this venue to others.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Went here as one of a party of 7. I ordered Jazzy chicken. Quite often when there are a few of you, there is a bit of a wait but not here. My chicken was succulent and seasoned to perfection. It came with chips, side salad, cheesey tomato and onion rings - a big plateful. It was all delicious. Not been here before, the landlord/host was very friendly and keen to ensure that we all enjoyed our meals. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was the first time I had eaten here, and was very impressed with the service, staff very polite, quality of the food, locally sourced, very generous portions, I had opted for the T-bone steak which had been cooked to perfection, piping hot food and plates,very quick service also. Will definitely return again. Best in the Bay.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is one of my all time favourite places in Paignton..... Malcolm and Tracey are great hosts, there is nothing they wont do for you....... The Breakfast is fantastic..... all cooked fresh and just what you need to start the day....... The Sunday Dinner is delicious, plenty of it, haven't quite finished one yet...... the bar menu has plenty of choice and I love the home made pizzas...... last night I went out with a few girlfriends for one of their birthdays and had the fillet steak..... omg it was succulent, you had a choice of salad, beans or coleslaw, chips, jacket, or curly fries, and I went for the peppercorn sauce, which was one of the best I have had in a while..... a couple of my friends had the 16oz TBone which looked really good too, although you have to pre order 24 hours in advance for these steaks it is worth it...... so my plate came out there was my fillet, peas, chips, tomato with cheese on the top two large slice mushrooms, side salad, onion rings and my sauce........ thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful, although there were some chips left on my plate at the end...... and the price for what I had was £16.40 which is very competitive rates for an 8oz fillet steak....... they also have a steak menu either rump or sirloin two for £20 with a bottle of wine....... what else can I say........ I recommend this place very highly for its food. I am no way a snob but I do enjoy fine food and this comes highly in top spot for me...........