“Beautifully cooked, tasty food and excellent value”
Review of Grand Central Bar

Grand Central Bar
Ranked #12 of 182 Restaurants in Paignton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Torbay's premier sports bar, serving breakfast from 8am daily, full lunch/dinner menu from 12noon including a Vegan & Gluten Free 'Free From' menu. We have a great selection of drinks and coffee and welcome 4 legged friends
Devon
“Beautifully cooked, tasty food and excellent value”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Went here as one of a party of 7. I ordered Jazzy chicken. Quite often when there are a few of you, there is a bit of a wait but not here. My chicken was succulent and seasoned to perfection. It came with chips, side salad, cheesey tomato and onion rings - a big plateful. It was all delicious. Not been here before, the landlord/host was very friendly and keen to ensure that we all enjoyed our meals. Highly recommended.

South Brent, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food, Friendly staff, great atmosphere a must if you are in Paignton”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was the first time I had eaten here, and was very impressed with the service, staff very polite, quality of the food, locally sourced, very generous portions, I had opted for the T-bone steak which had been cooked to perfection, piping hot food and plates,very quick service also. Will definitely return again. Best in the Bay.

Paignton, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Great Hosts and Great Sports”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is one of my all time favourite places in Paignton..... Malcolm and Tracey are great hosts, there is nothing they wont do for you....... The Breakfast is fantastic..... all cooked fresh and just what you need to start the day....... The Sunday Dinner is delicious, plenty of it, haven't quite finished one yet...... the bar menu has plenty of choice and I love the home made pizzas...... last night I went out with a few girlfriends for one of their birthdays and had the fillet steak..... omg it was succulent, you had a choice of salad, beans or coleslaw, chips, jacket, or curly fries, and I went for the peppercorn sauce, which was one of the best I have had in a while..... a couple of my friends had the 16oz TBone which looked really good too, although you have to pre order 24 hours in advance for these steaks it is worth it...... so my plate came out there was my fillet, peas, chips, tomato with cheese on the top two large slice mushrooms, side salad, onion rings and my sauce........ thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful, although there were some chips left on my plate at the end...... and the price for what I had was £16.40 which is very competitive rates for an 8oz fillet steak....... they also have a steak menu either rump or sirloin two for £20 with a bottle of wine....... what else can I say........ I recommend this place very highly for its food. I am no way a snob but I do enjoy fine food and this comes highly in top spot for me...........

Cobble Hill, Canada
“The best breakfasts in the bay”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I bring my 2 children here at least once a week for breakfast. I have the full English which is fantastic. It really is one of the best breakfasts I have had which is why we keep coming back. The kids enjoy their food every time and the staff are always very polite and helpful.
Sometimes we come for lunch and that too is always really good. The kitchen obviously uses good quality ingredients.
Extensive menu with special boards. Something for everyone.
Malcolm and Tracey are both fantastic hosts and the kids love them both.

• Visited August 2013
“Must visit amazing food”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Malcolm and Tracey amazing host all staff are friendly very welcoming best service in Torbay best food my family love it you won't get better service or food anywhere else :-)