“Great atmosphere, outstanding service, good food.”
Review of The Italian Job - CLOSED

The Italian Job
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Is a relaxed italian & mediterranean restaurant. The restaurant appeal lies not only in its seasonal country cooking, but also in its natural warmth and effortless italian charm. FAVOURITES Include breakfast all day bruschetta, pizza, pasta. Italian full menu.
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Last minute Saturday night squeeze in for a young family of five. The waitress fitted us in and warned us that she was waiting for a large party to arrive and there was only one chef on. Staff were incredebuly accommodating and were happy and informative and great with the kids.

Food was outstanding and chef accommodated fussy children changing the mind.
And it was good value for money.

Funny, as it doesn't look that great from the outside. Given that the portions are huge, the waitress has no problems boxing up pizza and pasta and reminding the kids they can have pizza for breakfast (and they did). Cold.

Thanks for a great night out.

There are newer reviews for The Italian Job

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit here but a first at the new location. My husband had never been so I thought we'd take a chance without booking on a sat evening. On entering, it was not full but we were told that they had a fully booked house but asked if we'd mind sitting around the corner. As I've sampled the food there before and know how amazing it is we were happy to take the table. All I can say is that the food was as before - outstandingly gorgeous. Emanuelle, the chef came over and asked how the meal was half way through which I thought was really nice. The staff were really attentive and friendly and we did not have to wait for anything. I wouldn't hesitate to go back, I would definitely book ahead next time to ensure a decent table and the only thing I would prefer is that the lighting (overhead bulbs) were just a but dimmer. We will definitely be going back again!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Great food chef was fantastic went to a lot of effort couldnt decide what to have for a starter or main from the set lunch menu and he let me try half of each so I had 2 different starters and main course he made my son a lovely pizza shaped as a rabbit and let me take what was left home in a bag with a free cookie for him lovely fresh food great chef and service what more could you ask for! Will be going again and again!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We were recommended to try a meal here by a few friend so gave it a try.
It was not busy but took nearly an hour to get the starters ( for 4 people) Garlic Bread and bread & olives.
The service was slow and it seemed very laid back.
After a meal coming out we thought at last we have our main meals, but only to be told that she has someone else's meal! After another wait 2 of the other main courses came out, one cold and 1 uncooked! The pizza ( small) was raw in the middle and around the edges! We gave up after that and our 4th party didn't even get hers as we decided enough was enough. We left all feeling very hungry.
It was a shame as we had all looked forward to eating there after the reviews.
I can only put it down to an off night or bad chef day.
If asked I will say try it, but I must say I will not be going back in a hurry.

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Visited for mother's day as four generations of women in our family! Had a fantastic meal, all the food was delicious, and the staff were fabulous, couldn't do enough to help us keep a fractious nearly two year old happy while we were waiting. Good Italian food shouldn't be rushed, so we didn't mind waiting. It seems a shame that this restaurant isn't busier. Thanks