“A little Italian gem. Take your own wine”
Review of The Italian Job - CLOSED

The Italian Job
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Is a relaxed italian & mediterranean restaurant. The restaurant appeal lies not only in its seasonal country cooking, but also in its natural warmth and effortless italian charm. FAVOURITES Include breakfast all day bruschetta, pizza, pasta. Italian full menu.
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch this week. What a great traditional Italian owner was really helpful. Spotless restaurant. Excellent home cooked food. Perfect lunch

There are newer reviews for The Italian Job

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Ok, so it looks like nice, cosy little restaurant but that's about all that's good about it. Upon entry we were informed that they are not licensed to sell alcohol. Not a problem, I'll just order a chocolate milkshake. The milkshake was some king of pre-made, pour out of a plastic bottle type that tastes very artificial and nothing like chocolate. It was poured into a glass, warm. I could not drink it through a straw as it had congealed into a slimy lump at the bottom. I showed the waiter who took it back to the kitchen where they whizzed it up in a blender, with some ice, and served it to me again!!! Yes, I heard them do it... disgusting. My wife and I then ordered a pizza each. These have to go down as the worst pizzas we have ever had. They did not taste great and had a slimy texture to them. Maybe it was the cheese, or the tomatoes, but it was not pleasant. I left three quarters of mine and my wife ate half of hers because she was starving.

The worst thing of all is that the staff are Italian. I wonder if they feel any pride in the restaurant?

1  Thank MattGat
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have eaten here many times now. The food is always authentic and the service really good. We have always enjoyed our food and have tried many different things from the menu. The waiter Nicolas is always polite and jolly. The chef often chats with us and is very friendly. It will be even better when they get a licence to sell alcohol. Will be back soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

The most beautiful Italian food, incredible value and great service. I've visited more times than I care to count and have loved it every time, will be going again soon!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We found this restaurant by chance, and what a find it was. We ate there four evenings in the week and had starters and main course and it was consistently very good indeed. I've had meals in other Italian restaurants for more than twice the price and they haven't come near to the quality of food and presentation here. The atmosphere is relaxing and, even though all the food is freshly cooked it was served surprisingly quickly. The pleasant personality of the waiter adds to what is a memorable dinning experience. Good for lunch too. Looking forward to another meal in this restaurant as soon as possible.