“Excellent value”

The Pier Inn
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family friendly pub with a great atmosphere. Lovely homemade food cooked to great quality and great value for money.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I can only say that Simon K is one of those people that moans about everything!! I am very fussy about vegetables, and I couldn't fault them - we had carrots, peas, cauliflower in cheese sauce and cabbage, all well cooked and tasty. The beef was moist and well cooked, and roasties were good. Excellent value for money, and with desserts at just £1 you can't go wrong - my husband had the home made lemon mernigue pie, which he really enjoyed. With a bottle of house wine at just £10 it made a nice change from cooking Sunday dinner, and we shall definately be back

2  Thank maureen2808

Reviewed January 22, 2013

very dark pub, the place needs updating the staff had no manners and the food well it was just horrid, they said it was home made roast I wouldn't feed it to a dog. in my opinion less than one spot avoid or try it at your own peril

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Often go here for Sunday lunch which is excellent value. Steak nights are good too. Plenty of room and a real fire in the bar area. In summer there is an outside seating area on the roof with good views of Torbay.

1  Thank Terry B
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Unbelievable meal - choice of meats (or a mixture), baked spuds, potato gems, Yorkshire Pud with a jug of gravy plus a jug of apple sauce etc and then a huge platter of vegetables on the side. And it all tasted so good and home made. Presented beautifully in a lovely setting with tablecloths and Xmas decorations. Great value - cost us UKP4.95 but is going up 50p.

2  Thank snoopy-on-trinity
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We visited The Pier Inn Paignton for the second time on Sunday. The Sunday lunches are fabulous value and very tasty. For £4.95 Adults, you have a choice of 3 meats or some of each, Turkey, Beef and Gammon, Roast and boiled potatoes, homemade stuffing, yorkshire pud, gravy all on your plate. Veg served separately to your table, we had carrots, peas, leeks in white sauce and broccoli. The tables are well presented with pristine white tablecloths and glass mats.
The waitresses are very friendly and helpful AND there is a choice of 10 sweets, hot with custard or cold with cream or icecream for the unbelievable price of £1. This is a super pub with plenty of space and a fantastic harbour view. I really do strongly recommend it and have set up a review site on Tripadvisor specially for this little gem. They have lots going on at different times of the week eg. 2 steak or gammon meals midweek for £11. I visited with my family for my birthday, I hired a Hummer stretch limo for the occassion and the driver knew where it was as he often takes a group there. Book a table...you won't regret it!

3  Thank lovelycouple11