“Best steak ever had”

The Cattlemans Steakhouse
Ranked #15 of 182 Restaurants in Paignton
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
San Francisco
“Best steak ever had”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Me and my husband rob went to the restaurant for his birthday, from the minute we walked in all the staff were really freindly and welcoming, had steak served on steak stone , it was amazing so tasty and totally different to any other steak I've tried before. It Was so good we went back a day later for another. If your in paignton you really have to pay it visit. Big thank you to Dave , Rachel and staff for 2 great nights. Will be back with friends . Kim and Rob from yeovil

5 Thank quadraphenia
Cattlemans, Owner at The Cattlemans Steakhouse, responded to this review, June 16, 2013

“Best steak ever!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I'm a Paignton resident and Torbay has been desperate for a good steak house for years.

David and his team have got it exactly right here.

We went for my brothers 30th with a party of 10 and were looked after really well we'd had it booked for about 2 months and were eagerly anticipating a good evening after the reviews we'd read.

I'm pleased to say we weren't let down. The food exceeded everybody's expectations and we were made to feel really welcome by the whole team.

We had a mix of different steaks and some were stone, some chargrilled and they were all fantastic.

I took my 2 children, one of 2 and the other of 10 days and they were looked after just as well as the adults, nothing was too much trouble.

I know David has future plans and I wish him all the luck in the world, we look forward to seeing the restaurant develop over the coming years as regular patrons!

4 Thank JonRoberts26
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Went to the cattle mans restaurant for my brothers 50th birthday. From pictures, wasn't quite sure what to expect but reviews indicated it served good food. Our concerns went out the door as soon as we entered, the staff were great and welcoming and helped with setting up some balloons and banners for my brother which was really good. We had my 4 yr old son with us and the staff were great with him too although having an ipad to use certainly helped keep him occupied.

With regards the food, that was great too, a great selection of different steaks at different sizes, ranging from 8oz, 16oz, 24oz, 32oz and finally the grand 50oz challenge. Needless to say we declined the 50oz option ... Maybe another time when we haven't eaten for a week, lol.

We chose to have it on volcanic rock which allowed us to cook the steaks to our own specification which was something we haven't done before but added a twist to the evening which was fun.

Overall, couldn't knock the cattlemans really. Great friendly staff and foods which made for a good evening. Thoroughly recommend.

5 Thank ady2135
Devizes, England, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant that I've been too”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We walked into a very friendly atmosphere. The owners greeted us and spoke to us throughout the night wanting to know about us and we heard lots of Interesting things about them. The food came quickly and it was superb . I've never had or seen steak cooked on lava stone! It was juicy and tender the best I've ever had! Well worth a visit! The owners and food have had a lasting impression I'm gutted that I live 3 hours away.

8 Thank Katie T
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
“Best Steak Ever.”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Me and my wife both thought that the meal and service was excellent, the steak was perfect (best ever) we have both been converted to steak off the stone. Thanks

• Visited March 2013