“Best Turkish Restuarant”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Post code TQ4 5BP, used to be the Backstage Bistro, Paignton
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Beautiful authentic cuisine, relaxed atmosphere, spotlessly clean, excellent service. Will definitely be eating here often now that we have moved to Paignton. I would recommend this restaurant to those who enjoy authentic Turkish cuisine.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

cant recommend enough!!! beautiful meal with a very welcoming feel, will be visiting Paignton again just to eat here again! thank you very much.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We (myself, wife & 5 year old daughter) visited whilst on a short break to Devon. The restaurant was fairly quiet and I guess it will rely on local business rather than the holiday trade as it is located in the shops area rather than the seaside part of town but if the area I would certainly put this on your list.

The food was great and made a nice change to all the fried & fast food outlets that are found on the seafront.

The waiter was attentive but gave us time and space.

The owner came out to chat to us after we had eaten and we really hope this venture works as we would like to visit when next in the area.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I visited with our 3 year old and another family of four. I booked us in at the last minute but when we arrived there was no one else in the restaurant and we were on our own through the entire meal. This wasn't a problem but does effect the atmosphere to a degree. We were welcomed on arrival and as expected served very efficiently.

The restaurant itself is clean and tidy and the service was good, especially from the owner and chef, who made a couple of appearances to check all was well with our meal. He even gave us a couple of extra dishes to go with our meal, which was a great touch (I assume as we were a larger group).

Our friends had eaten there before and said the food was good, it really was. Very tasty and flavoursome dishes with a good selection of Turkish fare.

Overall I would recommend highly the place and will definitely eat there again. My only gripe was that the waiter could have been a little smarter, happier and polite.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We have been on several occasions and cannot fault the food or the service, good choice of menu and reasonably priced.