“Great hotel for family with kids”

Premier Inn Paignton South - Brixham Road
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Paignton
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel for family with kids”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This Premier Inn is at a very good location. We wanted to book the Premier inn Torquay but they were full so we booked this one. We were pleasantly surprised by how good this hotel was. Very clean, quiet and smiling staff throughout our stay. We asked for a top floor room at the car park side, very quiet. Room was big enough for two adults and two children. Beds were firm and pillows soft, just the way we like it.

Room Tip: Askl for top floor, very quiet.
1 Thank travelexperiences5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The location is perfect as a base for a holiday exploring Torbay as it's located right on the A302 ring road. There's also a Sainsbury's and a McDonalds just 2 minutes down the road which is very convenient. Lots of free parking too. The staff are very approachable and friendly and the hotel itself is very modern with lifts and wi fi. Our only slight criticism would be that the attention to detail with the cleanliness of the room on arrival wasn't up to the usual Premier Inn standard that we love. But as I say, it's only a slight niggle and we would stay here in the future.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid a room facing the busy road, opt for rooms with odd numbers as they face the ca...
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

A little out of town but very good service and well supported by the Beefeater. Breakfasts v good value and kids under 16 eat free.
We had 2 adults, 2 older children and a young baby with us and there was plenty of space in our room. Nice big car park helped make for a stress free stay :-)

• Stayed August 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Rather than travelling home on a Sunday evening, we chose to stay at the Premier Inn. I viewed several locally, but decided to select this one as the rates varied greatly within a 2 mile radius. Having used this company before I knew what to expect, but my partner was 'new' to Premier so went with a very open mind.
The staff greeted us brilliantly, even telling us again of their 'sleep night' promise, pillow options and double checked on our breakfast needs. The following morning, we were again asked if all was well, and did we have anything that the staff could explain. Whilst talking we discovered that the lovely young lady at reception had only lived about 10 miles from us before moving to Devon.
The breakfast was cooked to order with no limit on food - youngster apparently regularly order a vast amount of bacon. I chose the breakfast which did not include a cooked version. Again so much to choose from. All of the staff were so willing to help and everyone was smiling despite the fact of this very large Beefeater, being full.
Lastly, the young lady cleaning our room found an item which had been forgotten, I will not say by whom!!! She came to find us and all was returned.
Congratulations to staff on Premier and Beefeater sites. We would love to visit again soon.

Room Tip: As all of the rooms are a carbon copy of others, any room would be great. We faced the main road an...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I booked 4 rooms 2 twins and 1 double and a family food for 10 of us in August 2013, the rooms were very dusty but to be honest I cleaned the tops of the beds myself, the staff were very polite but loud in the mornings I paid 92.00 a room for 1 night in Paignton south, the location was good because we only had a mile to everything we needed for our family trip to the waterpark, the kid did sleep good because the was in the water park all day, I didn't have a good sleep I was up 3 times as they put a kid with a cough which woke up 3 times crying, and when I did wake up to find the aircon won't stay on ??, tried to open the window but they can't be opened there sealed, this is because its a Eco hotel, I ended up getting up and having a shower, I didn't want to leave the kids because at about 11pm some one kicked our door, I did get straight up but I have multie sclerosis so was a little slow and no one was there and we were 201 by the stairs so could of gone that way, rooms were very good in general, the tv was very good and the bathroom water was better than most hotels very hot water and consistent, we did take the mean deal at £184 for 8 adults and 2 children but on arrival I was charged £46.98 for my 8 and 9 year olds meal deal when I said I though kids eat free they told me I still pay 22.99 per child that's for there dinner and there breakfast is free so costed more than quoted online

2 Thank clujs
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Staff at this Inn were efficient and friendly; the room was an ample size for our family, the beds comfortable and everything appeared clean and fresh. Unfortunately we did have a problem when the bathroom sink plug became stuck and despite good intentioned staff remained stuck. Cleaning our teeth under the bath tap was an experience! good location and plenty of parking.

1 Thank Barbara M
London
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here for three nights with my husband and son and we were really impressed. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. We ate breakfast at the Beefeater next door which was cooked to order and very nice. The hotel is easy to find and just a short drive from the centre of Paigton and the lovely zoo. I would not hesitate to stay here again if planning a trip to the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paignton
Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands) Hotel
Preston Sands Hotel
#11 of 17 in Paignton
Premier Inn Torquay Hotel
Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel Golf & Spa

Been to Premier Inn Paignton South - Brixham Road? Share your experiences!