“Family friendly.”

Premier Inn Paignton South - Brixham Road
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Paignton
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Staff at this Inn were efficient and friendly; the room was an ample size for our family, the beds comfortable and everything appeared clean and fresh. Unfortunately we did have a problem when the bathroom sink plug became stuck and despite good intentioned staff remained stuck. Cleaning our teeth under the bath tap was an experience! good location and plenty of parking.

1  Thank Barbara M

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here for three nights with my husband and son and we were really impressed. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. We ate breakfast at the Beefeater next door which was cooked to order and very nice. The hotel is easy to find and just a short drive from the centre of Paigton and the lovely zoo. I would not hesitate to stay here again if planning a trip to the area.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

My family and I stayed here this week and was very impressed. We managed to check in 3hours early as our room was ready. We arrived at beefeater( which is next door) at about 11am, we wanted a coffee and some breakfast, they stopped doing breakfast at 10.30am. The lady we saw gave us some croissants that were leftover on the house, she was very kind.
The room was clean and smelt fresh, however there was a pile up of dust on the headboard. This was least of our worries though. There was tea and coffee in the room, along with a tv, hairdryer, soaps and towels. The beds were very comfy and both my children slept well.
We got advised to book our evening meals by the lady on the desk at premier inn, at beefeater as it gets very busy. And I'm glad we did!!
The service in beefeater was extremely good considering how busy it is. There are lots of staff in there which is a bonus.
Make sure you take advantage of the full breakfast as there is such a large variety. I didnt know what to eat!
We will be returning to this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have just had a 3 night stay here with my wife and 15 year old daughter. The Hotel is newly built, so everything is clean and tidy. We booked a family room and were given room 103, which was on the first floor facing the rear carpark. No noise problems on this side of the hotel. The hotel is situated on it's own with the Beefeater and some way away from beaches etc., although this suited us. Our room had one king size double and a single for my daughter. The room was smaller than other family rooms that we have stayed in before, but everything was clean and tidy as you expect. One note on noise, you can hear people in adjoining rooms and above your room, more so than previous Premier Inns that I have stayed in. So, as long as your guests next to you are quiet, you can enjoy a good quality nights rest. The Hotel is having construction work carried out opposite for a new Training facility for South West Electricity, during the day, the Premier Inns Car Park was full of trade vans and cars for construction workers. A new Sainsburys and Asda are just a 5 minute ride away as well are KFC and McDonalds. If you want a Holiday Inn within walking distance choose the Goodrington Sands or Torquay Premier Inns that are much more centrally located. All in all a good stay and nothing to complain about.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms 101, 103, 105 front the car park and avoid the busy min road behind the hotel.
Reviewed August 12, 2013

A great hotel with friendly staff clean rooms, but on the downside the hotel is located on a very busy main road. Lots of traffic through the night which you get to listen to. Also the beds are very hard which I found uncomfortable.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Paignton South Premier Inn for 3 nights covering the first week in August. we enjoyed our stay very much and would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in the area. We used the hotel as a base for exploring the coastline between Plymouth and Paignton. The hotel was clean and the staff were very welcoming. The booking procedure was simple and we appreciated the welcoming E mail before we arrived. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The housekeeping staff worked very hard to maintain a high standard. As a vegetarian I was somewhat sceptical about eating in a Beefeater Grill but I have to say that the breakfast was excellent. The food was well prepared. Service was quick and the staff helpful. One evening we went into the grill and the staff modified a meal on the menu so that it met my dietary needs.They couldn't have neen more helpful. I commend this hotel to you and hope that like us you enjoy your stay. Ian Sawyer

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor which was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013

First time we have used a Premier Inn as we wanted to break up our long journey to Cornwall. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel as staff were friendly and helpful the room was spotless quiet and very comfortable. Also the breakfast was great value for money.

1  Thank Richard D