“Clean, Comfortable and charming staff.”

Premier Inn Paignton South - Brixham Road
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Paignton
Reviewed May 20, 2013

It's surprisingly hard to fault this place!
The warm greeting from reception staff seemed perfectly genuine (rather than just some "scripted" blurb).
First impressions of the room was "Oh, it's bigger than I expected".
Everything was smart, clean and tidy, and everything worked!
There were only 2 teabags in the room (presumably to avoid wastage); we wanted more and reception were very happy to provide them for us without any fuss..
We hadn't pre-booked breakfast at the adjoining Beefeater restaurant but decided to take a look anyway. The continental buffet breakfast was delicious (especially the fresh fruit cocktail) although we actually began to wish that we had ordered the cooked breakfast because that looked excellent too.
So, a great night's sleep and very good value. I'll go there again. Well done Premier Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SouthseaSteve01
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Paignton South - Brixham Road

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Having stayed in quite a few Premier Inn's. I have come to expect high standards. This hotel surpassed my previous experiences. It is quite a new hotel but, it is the staff not just the building that deserve top marks. On arrival we went to our room (108) There was a bit of a problem with a soap dispenser and, an unpleasant aroma within the bathroom area. I mentioned it to the lady on reception who came to the room and, within ten minutes of my complaint. We were moved to room (106) without any quibble whatsoever. A big apology and a warm smile. The second room was perfect. Good size, great bed and an easy to use heating/cooling system. Any members of staff that I passed in the hotel always spoke and, had a smile on their face. Although there is a lot of building work going on in the close vicinity. It couldn't be heard from inside the hotel. There are ample parking spaces. A Beefeater is within three minutes walk. I would advise that you book a table though. This is very popular with hotel residents as well as locals. The next time I see that there is an offer on for this hotel. I will certainly book another long weekend. I hope this helped.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank James C
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is my gazillianth week in a premier inn and it is one of the best, the only thing i would say thats not good is you cant open the windows, for some people thats fine but for me i just need a fresh breeze. They have a cooling system but i couldnt get it below 19 and thats just too hot for me. I went down to reception in my pj's and asked for a fan, the nice guy sent me back to my room and went on the hunt for one, bless him he actually ended making one up for me, brand new out of the box.
As usual perfect customer service which you cant fault at premier inns.
They have a beefeater attached and the food is fantastic !

Room Tip: As always ask for the top floor, also ask for a fan if you like your rooms cool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kernowhuskies
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've stayed here a few times as I work for a company who has their head office just down the road. It's always very clean and comfortable in the rooms and the staff are always very welcoming and helpful. The food in the Beefeater next door is also good including the breakfast. Plenty of parking too and a good location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here with friends for a wedding and have to say I couldn't be more impressed. After a bad experience at a Premier Inn years ago, I gave up on them, but clearly the rebranding, etc has worked a treat as the experience could not have been better.
The staff were friendly and welcoming, the rooms were clean and tidy (in fact the friend's room wasn't ready, and as a result they got 1 night free and a different room!), and general facilities perfectly suitable.
The new breakfast system, which works out at pretty much all you can eat, is great. It's freshly cooked, tastes great and good value for money!
A very impressive stay which has lured me back to Premier Inn as a brand

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MrVilliers
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here with my husband and our two young children for a midweek break at Easter. The hotel staff were very friendly and the hotel is very clean and well maintained. Although it is situated on a site that has building works being carried out, at no point did this cause us any problems. There is plenty of parking for guests. It is probably not the best location if you are there to explore the area on foot but is an ideal base if you have a car, as it is in short driving distance from Paignton Zoo, Paignton Seafront, Brixham, Totnes and Torquay. Also on bus route. The Beefeater next door provided very good food and good service. Major supermarkets located nearby, as well as a McDonalds and a KFC. Would recommend this Premier Inn and hopefully will return there again in future

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah R
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Being fans of Premier Inn we plumped for White Rock when booking for a couple of nights to attend a family 'Do'. There were five of us in three rooms. Being only a year old, all is still very new, including the adjacent Beefeater. All the staff are excellent at their jobs but in particular the Receptionists are first class. Well done! The rooms were beautifully clean and comfortable as always in Premier. Breakfast x 2 were, and we all agreed the best, with lovely tasty bacon and award winning sausages. We were all very surpirsed at the number of people staying when we went to breakfast because we had not heard a thing! Just one negative and that is the windows can not be opened (sealed unit) so no fresh air. For me personally it is quite claustrophobic not to be able to get air. Not sure what it would be like in the summer as although the heating system is very good and turns down to 19° some air would have been nice. Other members of my family who stayed thought the same about this. For this reason, we would probably give it a miss for the summer months, which is a shame, because everything else about this hotel is spot on!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paignton
Travelodge Paignton Seafront
#3 of 17 in Paignton
The Redcliffe Hotel
The Redcliffe Hotel
#6 of 17 in Paignton

Been to Premier Inn Paignton South - Brixham Road? Share your experiences!