“Premier Inn have not failed me yet”

Premier Inn Paignton South - Brixham Road
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Paignton
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Premier Inn have not failed me yet”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Again, I have been 'forced' to book a Premier Inn hotel because my preferred choice was not available. And again, I have been so impressed with the quality and the service at the hotel, I am very impressed with the chain.

Stayed for a night while visiting my brother. The hotel is new, but the staff are very, very good, very warm, friendly and outgoing. No issue was too small for them to listen to. I traveled with the family, but the family room was a very good size, including a travel cot for my one year old. My daughter loved her bed so much, she actually asked to go to bed !!

We didn't eat at the restaurant for breakfast, because we felt that £8.20 was a little pricey, we had breakfast at the Cafe in the Sainsburys' up the road. In the end, if we had taken into account the fact that kids eat free, the restaurant would have actually cost us the same thing (although I'm guessing we'd have to pay for drinks, so maybe not a fair comparison). We had lunch there though, and it was good.

The only real issue was noise from the room above us, and some silly person who came and banged on our door and ran away. I can't blame the hotel for this though.

We visit Brixham at least once a year, and normally stay in Independent hotels, but as this was Jubilee weekend, most of them were fully booked, so had to stay in Paignton which is just 10 minutes away.

The hotels in the area will need to up their game to compete with Premier Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Walsall
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed here for one night to attend a family wedding. Arrived 3 hours before check-in and expected just to be able to leave bags, etc. Receptionist (Amanda) found us a room booked us in early and even provided us with a map with directions to the wedding venue. On the evening she booked a taxi and throughout our stay made us fell like special guests. Clean & tidy with outstanding service. Would definately stay here again.

Brixham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Took a party of 19 for a birthday breakfast, and had a great time, very friendly and attentive staff. Massive dining area, plenty of space between tables. Buffet items were superd, coffee much better than usual fare served up in other establishments. Cooked breakfast above average, though not spectacular, fried eggs were seriously underdone (positively slimy), but all in all, I would go back. Great decor, and very, very clean. Could do with an extra toaster on the go at peak times, to stop a queue forming, and I never did get a croissant, since they could not bake them fast enough to keep up with demand. The friendly staff made it for me though, a pleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
UK
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights. Hotel staff well informed, nothing was too much trouble for them. Thank you Amanda and your staff.
Beefeater restaurant better than expected. Food and service excellent. This site has only been opened a couple of months but the staff are well trained. A nice welcome from a guy named Andy on entering the restaurant. Banofee sundae to die for. Service and food was of a high standard for this type of establishment. If you are in the Paignton area go and see for yourself. Breakfast was good and cooked breakfast hot and fresh.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thistletoe
Llanarth
Reviewed May 21, 2012

What a friendly welcome ! I'm afraid I didn't catch the name of the young woman on Reception when I arrived (she has an Alsatian puppy) but she could not have been more friendly or attentive. Whoever recruited her did a good job.
The accommodation was new and pretty much pristine. Although my room was on the ground floor and adjacent to the (spacious) car park there was no disturbance at all and I got a good night's sleep. Perhaps the only criticism I could make would be about the pillows, but then I am a wuss and like my feathers.
The restaurant next door was OK and the food was perhaps a little better than I expected, again, the service was good, with Dan in particular being very helpful.
If I am in the area again I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank LibmanLlanarth
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Yes, Premier Inns are 'budget' hotels BUT this was as good an example of the brand as we've experienced. We note from earlier reviews that the hotel is newly opened. Certainly, the rooms and public areas are immaculate. Plenty of parking, well-maintained gardens and friendly, attentive staff in the adjacent Beefeater restaurant. Again, as noted elsewhere, well positioned for the Torbay area and for onward journeys to Dartmouth and further west. Recommended.

Room Tip: No particular sound problems. Back of hotel potentially quietest away from busy road
devon
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed here earlier this week, for one night and could not find any fault with it at all. Staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel and room were clean and comfortable. We had Room 106, on the first floor, we were overlooking the main road but there was a wall running alongside the road and that helped to minimise the noise. We were not disturbed at all by the traffic noise during the night.
There is a lift for those with difficulty walking. It's just around the corner from the zoo, for those wanting a day out, the location is actually very good generally. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paignton
Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands) Hotel
Preston Sands Hotel
#11 of 17 in Paignton
Premier Inn Torquay Hotel
Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel Golf & Spa

Been to Premier Inn Paignton South - Brixham Road? Share your experiences!