“Great food great service”
Review of The Parkers Arms

The Parkers Arms
Ranked #68 of 183 Restaurants in Paignton
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: British pub quality food
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Great food great service”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My family consists of a 4 year old, a baby, my wife and I and every time we eat here (which has been quite often recently) we get consistently great tasting food in good portion sizes and without too much of a wait. The menu is varied and the two for one main meals mon-sat is unbeatable value, if you choose the cheaper menu options. The staff are very accommodating and I really can't fault the restaurant, but if I was being pedantic I suppose the place could do with modernising a bit. That won't stop us eating there again though!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Simon L

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fresh cooked food”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Great menu with some original ideas the 2 for 1 deal is excellent value including the specials all good to an excellent standard, id advise booking although the staff are very accomodating gods safe beer garden for children and families, standard of decor is ok and the landlord is excellent

• Visited July 2014
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Great good value pub grub”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I've visited three times now, once for the Sunday carvery, once for the "2 for £10" deal and once to take my wife and in laws for a pub lunch. Portions are good, menu is varied. It's pub grub but it's good and wholesome and freshly prepared. It's certainly on my list of places to eat. Beer garden is a nice sunny spot too. Stick to the lounge though if you're just out for a meal and a drink, the public bar is a traditional one with pool table and dart board with a lively atmosphere at times, but you wouldn't be aware from the lounge or beer garden.

• Visited July 2014
Didcot
“Great food”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Had Sunday dinner here yesterday - meal was really good. Only downside was that the kids found two knives in the grass when playing outside

3 Thank Jason C
Torquay, United Kingdom
“I went back!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I wrote a review a few weeks ago saying I was not happy with the meal I had at the Parkers Arms.
I went back last night with friends and tried again. I was very pleased I did as this time the food was good. It was not as busy as my last visit and the service was much better. Everyone one our table enjoyed the meal. We stayed late and was the only ones there and did not feel we was being rushed at all. I Will go again and I will now recommend it to other people. Give it a try.

• Visited June 2014