“Definitely Reccommended”

Ranked #29 of 96 Paignton B&B and Inns
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“Definitely Reccommended”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay here with my husband and two children. Nigel and Christine were very warm and welcoming. The room was very clean and the breakfast was excellent. I would definitely return to this guest house.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jessica s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bristol, England
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed at end of April 2013 along with 6 others for a long weekend coinciding with the last football away trip of the year.

Birklands is 5 minutes walk from both the railway sation and the beach.

The room and ensuite were beautifully decorated and very clean. Very generous breakfast served by the owners who went to great lengths to make us feel welcome and were happy to suggest things to do in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gashead_8
southampton england
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Just stayed here for two nights and found it to be one of the best guest houses I've stayed at. The room was beautifully decorated, everything thought of and to the highest standard. Nigel and Christine offered the warmest of welcomes and it was a delight to chat with them and their other guests. Breakfasts were hearty and home-cooked. I arrived at 2300 after a long journey and was so grateful for a kind welcome, even though I was so late and an immediately calm atmosphere to relax in.

The house is one street back from the noisy sea front and so beautifully quiet. I had room 4 and it was perfect.

I'm delighted to recommend as highly as I can. Thank you both so much!

Room Tip: I loved Room 4 which was a large double, even though I was on my own. Lovely and light and very airy...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank lizzie53
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed at the Birkland with my mum for her 86th birthday treat. Received a lovely warm welcome from Nigel and Christine the owners. Mum had the double en-suite on the ground floor which was ideal for her and I had room 3 upstairs . This was also a double ensuite although I had only paid for a single room so a nice surprise. My bed was really comfortable, everywhere was spotlessly clean and a lot of little extra touches made for an excellent experience. Nigel and Christine gave us a lot of tips and info on where to eat and how to get there and also some vouchers for a free starter/dessert at a local pub. We had a restful night and although I'm a very light sleeper I didnt hear any of the other guests at all till we all met in the dining room for breakfast. In fact I wondered if there was soundproofing in all the rooms. Enjoyed Christines cooking very much, there was a great choice and also enjoyed Nigels service and chat. We will definitely be going back again as on top of all this, the location was great, near to both the sea front and the shops.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank dee142
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have stayed here at least once a week for the last two years on business, the main reason I keep going back here is because it is fantastic.

The owners make me feel very welcome, even when I am the only guest, nothing I ask for is too much trouble.

I have stayed in all but 2 of the rooms, and they all share a common interest, they are all very clean, very tidy, well maintained, and I would actually say that the beds and mattresses are more comfortable than my own at home!

The breakfast is delicious, if a full English is not what you want, then they will gladly prepare you something else, and toast is on tap!

I look forward to my weekly stay here, as I'm made to feel like their establishment is my home, and I'm certain many of the guests will agree.

(I think the anonymous poster which has slated this guest house in a previous review must be talking about a different place, as I completely disagree with everything that he has said)

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank ronsarrox
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Have the previous reviewers actually stayed in this guest house?
I was forced to endure several seperate one night stays in this place.
The room I was allocated was cold, damp and cramped.
Although the stays were on a b&b basis, I was made to feel as though the breakfast was an inconvenience because of my 7am departure and was provided with a packet of crisps, a piece of fruit, some cheap orange flavoured drink and a sandwich made with cheapo margarine in lieu of butter. On one occasion I slept on the floor because, whilst it was certainly harder than the bed, it was much less lumpy, and a lot drier.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank exaaman
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have just returned home from an overnight stay at the Birklands in Paignton.
I just needed budget priced B & B but I got more than value for my money.. On arrival l was greeted by Christine & Nigel with lovely smiles and both were really welcoming and helpful..I was shown to my room and can honestly say..it was spotless...I have NEVER stayed in such a clean room ! They supplied clean fresh towels..toiletries and coffee,tea and biscuits in the room..I had a flat screen TV plenty of storage and clean blanket and spare pillows in case required. The double bed I had, was SO Comfy..and the clean linen smelt wonderful !!
The en suite room was spotless and the shower was a good one.
My breakfast was a days worth of food in one meal !!! Cereals.toast full english etc and my full english was hot & NOT swimming in grease as you do often find in other establishments..
Location is fantastic as well.
I will definatley return to BIRKLANDS guest house for a longer stay when possible..
All this for VERY VERY GOOD RATES