“Amazing Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Paignton Zoo Environmental Park
Ranked #1 of 35 things to do in Paignton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Paignton Zoo Environmental Park is a conservation and education charity located in South Devon. With around two thousand animals, we have more species than anyone else in the South West. These include: crocodiles, snakes, lions, tigers, giraffes, elephant, rhinos, lemurs, meerkats, orang utans...The list is endless! We also have indoor play areas, the Jungle Express train and a lakeside restaurant. If you wish, we also offer special feeding experiences with certain animals, e.g. meerkats, giraffes, giant tortoises, etc. Paignton Zoo is a member of the British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums.
Brixham
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I visited the zoo last December along with a friend who for her birthday had been given the gift of feeding the rhinos. Well to be honest I wasn't absolutely overjoyed at the thought of this gift and pictured us throwing some hay down into their enclosure, but what a most exciting experience it turned out to be. We actually hand fed the rhinos with pieces of fruit - yes popped it into their mouths through the bars of a gateway! I had always thought they would have your hand off if you got it within their reach, but what gentle creatures they were. After we'd fed them we scratched their sides which they loved. It was an experience I will never, ever forget. Book this if you can, its expensive, but the experience of a lifetime. The rest of the zoo was enjoyable too and food in the restaurant very good. Would recommend without hesitation. In fact I've bought a ticket to go back (offered at a reduced rate the day you are there).

Visited December 2013

Cardiff, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“wildlife”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

well spaced out all animals looked after, the monkeys were funny watched them for sometime, the weather was a bit dull but it was still good to walk around and see the big cats etc, the park had a lot of information about each of the animals, ages, year they were born and if they were from another zoo. great place to vist for all ages

Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Fab day out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Visited on 24/01/2014 and had a very good enjoyable day.
I thought the park would be quite small due to its location, How wrong I was!
Its the first time I have ever visited and wasnt disappointed. Obvs being winter and term time it was very quite, which was nice for me,lol.
I would certainly recommend anyone to visit and wouldnt hesitate in returning at some point.
U name it in animals and they have it :) Elephants, Giraffes, Tiger, Lions, Monkeys etc etc

Torquay, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“That's amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

A great day out or better still, get an annual pass and visit as much as you like. Purpose built enclosures, great indoor and outdoor facilities, fun and education for all ages.

All monies raised support conservation and breeding programmes.

The final word goes to my 21/2 yr old granddaughter. That's amazing!

Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Highly enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Probably the best zoo I've visited. Was very lucky with animal activity as the Lions, Tigers, Cheetah and Giraffes were all mooching around their play pens and I was able to get some good photos. Was nice to see such wide variety including Emus, there are Kangeroos in the same enclosure but weren't visible, Ostriches, Camels. The Monkeys/Apes are always a highlight and were also very active with Gorillas and Urangutans all very playful. We were able to mooch about in half a day but would have liked more time to go back to some of the animals.
If you pay a bit extra you can visit the sea centre in Torquay on the same ticket which would be worth the trip also, although I've never been.