Tripadvisor

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On our last day of our holiday in Paignton we went to Scoffs. We were welcomed by a lovely lady who looked after us, took our order etc. We had fish bites, amazing crispy chips and salad, all served beautifully on large square plates. It was one of those meals that you enjoy every mouthful and you don't want it to end! Unfortunately, I did that and felt very full afterwards but it was worth it. They also offer specials each day which include lasagna which I believe is very good. Will definitely visit again.

1  Thank fi0namb
Write a reviewReviews (1,269)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Bought fish and chips from this establishment at lunchtime, the chips were lovely and the fish was tasty but probably the smallest portion of fish I’ve ever bought-granted I asked for the smaller portion but it was thin and probably only about 5 “ long. Other establishments even with smaller portions give twice as much, I’ve never seen such a thin piece of cod in my life.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I visit this establishment every week for their battered chips. They are scrumptious and have to be the best in the bay, we wouldn't go anywhere else.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have been popping into Scoffs whenever we shop in Paignton, for some while, so we’re disappointed when a fire closed it for a year.
Well, it’s better than ever and we find their food tastier than the Award Winning Krispies in Exmouth. The OAP Special of a brilliant combination of lightly battered fish and the tastiest of ‘Yorkshire’ chips plus tea from a china pot was fantastic value at £6
Our service was great, tea brought whilst waiting for our meals, and a follow up query to see if all was OK. We missed little efficient, friendly Kathy who is poorly, but we have no idea where the comments of rudeness came from.
This Chippy does get very busy, Winter time it’s full of older, coach trip visitors, in Summer, noisy often unruly holiday makers.
We will be back, diet delayed

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In a fish and chip shop, you only have to get two products right, and here they have absolutely nailed both the fish (fresh, light batter, cooked perfectly), and chips (unique 'Yorkshire' chips that seem to be battered). Really happy with what I ate, and reasonably priced.

1  Thank jamielong99