“Watch where you book.”

and 1 more site!
Elberry Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 97 Paignton B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Despite the address being Elberry Lane the farm is NOT in Elberry Lane, I know, I walked the Lane twice looking for it! You must print off the map on their site or like us you will take an hour to find it. When we arrived no one was in. There was a note on the door with a telephone number but when we rang, it was switched off! After quarter of an hour their daughter arrived and showed us to a nice on suite room that was spotlessly clean and well decorated.
At breakfast I queried the price of breakfast, I had booked with Late Rooms at £60 a night and was then asked by Late Rooms if I wanted breakfast at £8 for my room. I ticked the yes box and was billed £76 !
The explanation I was given was that they pay a large fee to Late Rooms and it would have been cheaper if I had booked from their web site, (which when I booked I did not know they had!). However although I had given my card details to Late Rooms she informed me that was to protect my booking and that she required the £76 now in cash. (Probably because of the shocked look on my face she magnanimously reduced it to £75).
Probably a 1/4 of a mile (as the crow flies) is a beautiful twelfth century hotel called Churston Court. Go for a drink in their bar and ask yourself would you like to stay here for £1 LESS than staying in a private B&B.
There is nothing wrong with Elberry Farm if you get it a a good price, but watch where you book.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank keithsuejames
mandytooze, Manager at Elberry Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

I am sorry for any inconvenience that booking through laterooms caused you, but glad you enjoyed the stay despite this.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We only stayed one night, but would have happily stayed longer if circumstances had allowed. Very comfortable and spotlessly clean rooms plus a friendly welcome from Mandy and her family, made our stay enjoyable and relaxing. We had the en suite family room which overlooked a big walled garden and paddocks, and the sea air and peace and quiet ensured a really good nights sleep. Mandy was kind enough to sort us out an early breakfast as we had a long day ahead of us, which was much appreciated. The cove and beach are just 2 minutes walk away and it is a very picturesque spot overlooking the bay. Highly recommended and we wouldn't look any further than a phone call to Mandy if we were headed down to Devon again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I first stayed at Elberry Farm when I was two years old, and visited each year with my parents and sister up until 2006. I returned in August with my friend and 2 year old Godson, and all that had changed was the decor. Mandy is a wonderful hostess who greets you with a cup of tea/coffee/juice and a tour of the guest house. Breakfasts are lovely, made to order, and fresh fruit and yoghurts are available, served in the dining room where guests greet and speak freely to each other creating a warm atmosphere. We also had home made dinners for three evenings, which were very tasty. The garden is absolutely beautiful and my Godson enjoyed running around it, as well as feeding the horses, sitting on the tractor with Michael and playing with the dogs, just as I did all those years ago.

Elberry Farm is in a great location for Broadsands beach, Elberry Cove, Brixham, Paignton and Torquay. Mandy and Michael (and their family) make your stay enjoyable and memorable, truly a home from home. Would recommend it to friends and family. We will be back next year!

Room Tip: Rooms One and Three have a great view overlooking the garden and the horses field!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thanks Megan. Brilliant to see you as always and glad you all had a lovely time here :)

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This farm is on the coast just between Paignton and Brixham. My wife and I stayed here over the weekend of our wedding, as we come down to Devon regularly and just love the two beaches that are within walking distance of the farm (Broadsands beach and Elberry Cove). I always prefer to stay at places where you get the personal touches of hospitality. The owner, Mandy, is a lovely lady who went out of her way to make our stay perfect. When my wife and I returned after our wedding, we found that Mandy had decorated our room with little extra touches - a small bottle of champagne, some nice chocolates and strawberries, all at no extra cost. Our room was a family en-suite overlooking the beautiful walled garden and the fields beyond, which was lovely to wake up to in the morning. It was also nice to watch the horses in the yard in the morning. Breakfast was very good, and the other guests seemed to chat and greet one another in the dining-room, making for a very pleasant atmosphere. I am glad to have found this place and I will be staying here again, as well as recommending it to friends and family. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I would certainly recommend Elberry to anyone who fancies a trip to Paignton, Torquay or Brixham. There are 5 of us (3kids) and Mandy is always happy to put aside 2 rooms for us - which allows the 2 oldest kids a bit of freedom. You wouldn't get this level of consideration at the much more expensive hotels in the vicinity.

Breakfast is great for traditional fry-up and more continental (plenty of fruit), the beds are comfy and the setting is very relaxing, being on a farm. Mandy is always helpful and the rest of the family are always willing to help out and introduce you to the horses, dogs, cats, etc. Short walk to the best beach in the area too (I'd recommend barbecuing down on Broadsands in the evenings!).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I don't normally leave reviews, but I find hard not to after an exceptional stay at Elberry Farm.

A hidden gem, tucked away between Paignton and Torquay. Mandy made us feel incredibly welcome and stopped for a chat whenever we saw her. I spend alot of time away with work and would say the bedrooms were of a very good standard, and beds comfortable.
The location was perfect, we prefer to 'get away from it all' being on a farm, just off the south west coastal path and the beach a stones throw away was perfect for us.
Will take this opportunity to thank Mandy and her family for the hospitality and that promise of a return is only a couple of weeks away!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had a family ensuite room with a beautiful view of the back garden and fields beyond! Very quiet and peaceful part of the countryside in a good location, walking distance from elberry cove and broadsands beach. Handy tip for your satnav, try postcode TQ4 6HL as this takes you to the end of the drive of the farm!

• Stayed: July 2012