“Lovely food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Thariks
Ranked #92 of 179 Restaurants in Paignton
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Lovely food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Came here after we asked someone in street for a good Indian restaurant. We weren't disappointed. Delicious food and kids loved it too.

London, United Kingdom
“Better than average for Paignton ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We spent roughly £45 for a delivered meal for three (in fact for a greedy two!) and the food arrived within the hour and was in our view a bit better than the other Indian meals delivered in Paignton but was possibly a little too much more expensive to justify the quality improvement. The others we use are much cheaper, charge nothing for delivery and give us fee puppadums. There was also a refusal to honour the web-site discount unless you can print off the £5 voucher - which we couldn't. Seems silly to do this sort of thing. Why not simply have an easy offer and not irritate your customers with unnecessary obstacles? So,some free puppadums were asked for, offered ( I thought) then charged for when I asked for the total over the phone ... so I cancelled them - but they then sent them - so that is a thumbs up! There were some misunderstandings on the phone but all was cleared up. I'd prefer to see less red dye in the tandoori chicken and sheek kebab and other kebabs and sauces.. I'd like it more au natural. A test for me is fresh bhindi (okra) and theirs was great. The rice was good and portions also good. The naan was larger than normal and perfextly baked and the puppadoms freshly fried and were crisp and fresh I hate it when they cook them in batches and they go soft. Nothing makes the heart sink more than a soggy pap. Generous portion of small onion bhajis rather than the normal two or three large doughy ones. Meat samosa was great although small and could have had a bit more meat. There was a shortage of raita for what was three qualifying starters and a tandoori mixed grill - a tiddly half filled egg cup full. However, I think they try a bit harder the food WAS better than we often have elsewhere so we'll certainly have a second shot and recommend them if you want a better than average Indian meal delivered in the area for a bit more cash. I'd like to see a few better simple offers like 10% off for over £40 or some free sides.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jeffuk4
Torquay
“I drive miles for this takeaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I moved down from London a few years ago and some local Indian restaurants just don't taste right. I was taken to this place to get a takeaway, wow it was great. I moved to the other side of Torquay and as its a few miles to go so tried a few in the local area and after their poor food I went straight back to Thariks. Food has NEVER been disappointing and even though I have not eaten in the decor and the atmosphere feels good.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Ben J
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Sort of Indian cuisine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Can be good or can be bad and is definately overpriced.
But like most of the Indian Rstaurants in Torbay a little too expensive for what it is.

Visited March 2012
South Devon. UK
“First class Indian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is a super restaurant. The decor is clean and modern with comfy modern chairs and furniture. The staff are polite and attentive and willing to vary the spice and heat levels for the individual. One of my friends is a vegitarian who had a delicious meal, the staff served her choice which was a starter as a main course increasing the portion size accordingly; she was most impressed.
The portion size is excellent and as we could'nt finish all our food the waiter offered to pack it up so we could take it away.

• Visited January 2013