“Oh to be by the seaside”

Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Paignton
Perth, Australia
“Oh to be by the seaside”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

A very pleasant stay at the hotel. It was a late arrival and after an early breakfast, then we were away again, but we did manage a few minutes to walk down to the sea front. It was early January, so there was not much life around, but during warmer months, I think this would be an ideal location for a short break. We had a view of the sea from our room, and everything was as we expected. It is good to know that the Premier Inn standards are always present and correct.

Room Tip: You are on the sea front, so any room is fine.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Anna G, Manager at Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands) Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear ty_of_perth,
It was very kind of you to leave a nice review of what sounds like a very brief stay with us at Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands). The area around Goodrington Sands certainly is the perfect loaction in the summer, although a brisk walk along the seafront during the winter months can also be very enjoyable. I hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands), if you ever choose to visit the area again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Having stayed at Premier Inn at different locations in the past, I didnt hesitate in booking going to Goodrington Sands.
Yet another great stay at Premier Inn. I was lucky enough to get a room with a seaview which was nice. The room it self was spotless for cleaning and yet again another good night sleep :)
I opted to have the Premier breakfast in the morning for £8.25 which is unlimited breakfast and it certainly wasnt a disappointment, the cooked breakfast was lovely and tatsy, especially loved the hash browns. The waitress we had serve us in the morning of 24/01/2014 was extremely polite and helpful and chatty towards customers.
This Premier Inn is about 15-20 mins walk to the centre of Paignton, which isnt alot really, the hotel is in such a nice location, lovely and quite. I certainly wouldnt hesitate in going back! Well done yet again Premier Inn

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Anna G, Manager at Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands) Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear DJKevy,
Many thanks for leaving such positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands). It sounds like you really enjoy staying with Premier Inn. I'm pleased to hear that you took advantage of the 'all you can eat' breakfast, that really sets you up for the day. Your kind comments about the team member will certainly be passed onto them. We look forward to welcoming you back to Goodrington Sands.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We have stayed several times in this Premier Inn. This time it was for two nights over the new year break so we could spend time with friends in Brixham. We had a family room, which was generously sized and had double aspect windows - overlooking the sea!
What impressed us this time was the attentive reception and breakfast staff.

Room Tip: family rooms are well proportioned and they use proper sized single beds for the children.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Anna G, Manager at Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands) Hotel, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear DawnO,
I would like to thank you for the wonderful review of Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands). It's nice to hear that you have stayed with us several times, and I will make sure your kind words regarding the team will be passed onto them. I look forward to welcoming you back to Goodrington Sands during 2014.
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights fantastic , friendly, clean had sea view would use again :) ... the view was amazing very quiet two good nights sleep would definitely book a weekend again worth the money . Never used the restaurant went into Paignton more choice .

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear sharonspyro,
It was very kind of you to leave such a great review of your stay at Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands). It sounds like you had a nice break with us In Paignton. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed two good night's sleep, as this is what Premier Inn is all about! If you ever decide to visit South Devon again, I do hope that you choose to stay with us at Premier Inn.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I had to take a weeks holiday from work in late September. No one I knew could get time off too, so, as I was at a loose end, I decided to revisit the holiday area of my childhood, for the first time in over twenty years.
It is a beautiful corner of Britain, and the hotel is perfectly situated on the beachfront. The views from the rooms on the front of the hotel must have fantastic views overlooking the sea, and the cliffs to Paignton. Sadly, my room was at the rear! But, I still had a view back up the promenade toward the water park.
Despite it being out of season, there were a large number of people staying at the hotel. The staff were friendly, and always willing to help. The room was spacious, clean, had all the facilities I required, and a large, very comfortable bed.
I paid for Wi-fi for the week. It is not expensive, and has a fast, reliable connection. The bathroom facilities are very good too, with a decent sized bath, and a good shower unit.
The restaurant and bar at the hotel are fine. The breakfast buffet has a large choice, and the cooked breakfast is excellent. The meals in the restaurant are fairly standard, but as they are not too expensive, that is not a complaint. There are plenty of restaurants near the area, so you will not be short of places to eat.
The only complaint I really can make is that noises in the area around, and including, the stairs, seem to echo around the hotel. The big, heavy door from reception to the stairs tends to screech open, and thud shut, however carefully you try to close it. Footsteps on the stairs also ring out loud. I wouldn't say it kept me awake at night, but you can certainly hear it as you are nodding off.
I enjoyed my stay at the hotel, and the area, immensely. I shall definitely return...but I'd love a room at the front next time, please!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Cam W
Dear Cam W,
Many thanks for your lovely review of your stay at Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands). It sounds like you had a very enjoyable week. We are very lucky here to be able to provide our guests with such amazing views across Torbay. I would always suggest giving us a call before your arrival with any special room requests or requirements, and we will certainly try our best to fulfill them. We do look forward to welcoming you back to Goodrington Sands.
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed here for one night,there was 4 in our party,the staff were really pleasant and helpful,the room was overlooking goodrington beach, what superb views, there is nothing bad to say about this place it was fantastic,would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Any room overlooking the beach.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Anna G, Manager at Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands) Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear terrythrelly,
Many thanks for leaving such positive feedback from your recent overnight stay at Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands). Our views across Torbay are definately something to shout about! I will make sure your lovely comments will be passed on to the team. We hope to see you again soon at Goodrington Sands.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We visited family over Christmas in paignton and decided to stay in the premier inn tanners road, This was our second stay at this hotel and for a budget hotel we find this place very comfortable,very clean and friendly staff, We stayed in room 29 with fantastic sea views, my only problem was that you can not open the windows in this room and it became a little stuffy at times, Thank you for a very comfy stay and we will be back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Anna G, Manager at Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands) Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear alkaz581,
Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands) over Christmas. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us for a second time. At Premier Inn we pride ourselves on providing clean and comfortable rooms. I do apologise that, due to safety and security, the windows do not open in that particular room, but we do however provide air conditioning in all of our rooms to heat or cool the rooms appropriately. We do look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Paignton.