This Premier Inn was in an excellent location, right near the beach and approx. a mile from the town centre and the railway station where you could take a trip on a steam train. We found this a pleasant walk after breakfast.
The staff like all the Premier Inns we have stayed at were very friendly and helpful. Our room was excellent with a view of the sea and the boating lake (room 9). Very clean and with air conditioning :)
There was one thing which unfortunately let our holiday down and that was the Brewers Fayre restaurant attached to the hotel. The food in the evening was only of average standard and the restaurant was not very clean. This was mentioned to the deputy manager and although he took our comments on board we saw no improvement the next day. Baked beans were still under the table and on the wall. I appreciate it was at the end of the season but surely standards should still be high.
Breakfast was good except for one morning when I asked for 2 x poached eggs and received this plus a plateful of water which the eggs had been cooked in. Not very appetising, I had to try and mop the plate up before eating my breakfast. Waitress must have noticed that there was a problem but ignored it.
I have to say though that the receptionists at the Premier Inn were very professional and helpful when we mentioned these issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With far reaching views across the beach, close to Paignton Zoo and beside Splashdown Waterpark ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Paignton (Goodrington Sands) Hotel Paignton
- Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands) Hotel Devon