Lovely location of this Premier Inn on the seafront. We did pay a high price for this room but we had a sea view which was a nice surprise. Room was clean and comfortable. Hotel staff were extremely friendly, especially as the kids kept asking for more pillows/towels/sugar - nothing seemed too much trouble. Car parking is limited but we managed to get a space and were given a ticket so we didn't have to pay, which was unexpected but much appreciated. When we arrived it was pouring with rain but the hotel staff were so friendly I almost forgot I looked like a drowned rat!
Beach was right on our doorstep as was an amusement arcade and a water park along with beach cafes and ice cream parlours. There was a steam train just a short walk away and a pond with swan pedalos which the kids loved.
I only have one complaint about this hotel. We were really disappointed with the breakfast. We have always chosen Premier Inns as their 'help yourself' breakfast meant that you are never rushed and can choose and enjoy food at your own pace. However, this hotel (apparently a couple of the busier hotels have done this) have changed so that you have your food served to you. Which means you are put on the spot a bit and don't really know what you are getting (I know that sounds daft but it's nice to be able to 'see' what you can potentially choose for breakfast). We were surprised as always looked forward to our buffet breakfast so asked the waitress about the change. She told us it meant the breakfast was 'fresher'. It wasn't. My bacon looked like I could have killed someone with it and the eggs were over done, one measly tomato and burned to death mushrooms.
It sounds picky but was genuinely disappointing. Of course being British we didn't complain (especially as it seems a bit pathetic to do so) but it is a great shame they have changed their way of doing breakfast and will definitely make us think before booking another Premier Inn at a seaside if this is how things are going to be now. Breakfasts were always a huge treat at Premier Inns for us and we won't be looking forward to them so much now.
Such a shame they decided to change :-(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With far reaching views across the beach, close to Paignton Zoo and beside Splashdown Waterpark ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Paignton (Goodrington Sands) Hotel Paignton
- Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands) Hotel Devon