“Wow...Yet again a great weekend”

St Edmunds Guest House
Ranked #12 of 96 Paignton B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Now it is not often that I go to the same place twice, but I said I'd be back.

From the moment I arrived I felt relaxed, I was welcomed by Jill and Tony as if I was a returning family member. A lovely cup of tea and a piece of cake after a long train journey was just what I needed.

Tony showed me to my room, a lovely ground floor room (great after a couple of drinks in the evening, no stairs to climb ha-ha), the bed was so comfortable and warm.

I wanted to explore the local area a bit more than i did on my last visit so asked Tony & Jill for some advice, to which I walked away with a full years itinerary as they have such a wealth of knowledge about the local area, attractions and events.

Breakfast was as I remembered it...Excellent, nice and peaceful with brilliant food.

Thank You Tony and Jill, what a couple of people and a great guest house to match your personalities

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank AJM84
There are newer reviews for St Edmunds Guest House

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I've stayed at St Edmunds guest house quite a few times and decided it was about time i wrote a review. i've always been warmly welcomed and after a long journey, the cup of tea and cupcake offered are very well received. Jill & Tony provide a wonderful service and nothing is too much trouble, you only need ask! I've found the rooms to be very clean, well kept, with plenty of clean towels and tea & coffee making facilities. The beds are very comfortable and provide a good nights sleep. The guesthouse itself is just a few minutes walk to the local town centre or Paignton beach front and pier with a variety of pubs and restaurants of which Jill & Tony will be only too happy to inform you. All in all a wonderful place to stay and great value for money - i often recommend family and friends and will be returning as soon as i can!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank EvenstarV
Reviewed November 11, 2012

just come back from our break in paignton and cannot thank jill and tony for making our holiday very enjoyable, the guest house is very clean and comfortable and the breakfast is second to non. Will definately be returning and will tell all our friends and family to come here too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cath b
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The owners were very friendly and gave me coffee and cake before showing me to my room.
I was upgraded to a double room as the single room was already take. The room was comfortable with a definite womans touch to the furnishing, it was a bit cramped for space though with the mini kettle being mounted on the wall beside the bed. The en-suite was on the cramped side too but clean and the shower worked fine.
The only real down side to the room was the flimsy curtains, the street light across the road shone in all night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank AHW551673
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed here in August with my mum and niece for the week and we had lovely week,dispite the weather been bad. Was welcomed by Jill and tony with a cuppa and a cupcake.rooms were lovely and well kept with tea and coffee making facities and plenty of biscuits! We decided to have dinner in the evening aswell as breakfast and we are so glad we did as Jill is a great cook and was so good at catering for all our different needs. Had a fab week and would highly reccomemend this guesthouse .

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank jay-f1980
Reviewed September 27, 2012

we have stayed at many guest houses in paignton but we have to say that none compare with the very warm welcome we received at st edmunds jill and tony are simply the perfect host and hostess nothing to much helpful in every way food absoutely wonderful what more can we say beds are so comfortable my mother and four other members of the family could not find anyone more worthy of our sincere thanks from brenda rene irene jackie and chris london

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank brenda r
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed at St Edmunds guest house for 1 night at the end of august. We were welcomed with a welcome coffee and cake which after a long journey was very nice. The room was very clean and comfortable and breakfast the following morning was very nice and plentiful.
We will definately book again when we return to Devon and will highly recommend to family and friends

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple