A regular visitor to Ashvale park so i knew what to expect.
This year i was left a little disappointed with our van and entertainment.
The caravans can seem a bit old looking (but this is the same at any holiday park in the area).
One of the bedrooms in our van was very cold (even midday) and the little plate heater made no difference whatsoever.
Heaters had to be on 24/7 to keep warm
There was no storage space for food in kitchen area at all..
This year i found the entertainment wanting.
In previous years entertainment began very shortly after 7 o'clock and you had to get a seat early.
This year we had entertainment starting approx 7.30pm (music only at 7 oclock)
One childrens game (mostly the same game with a different title)
Regular brainbuster quiz missing on 4 of 7 possible evenings.
Bingo as usual
Couple of party dances mostly same ones each night (boring) chocolatte and supermarket sweep
Only 3 out of possible 7 gameshow type looseners before main evening caberet.
replaced with periods of music playing and nobody at DJ box
Caberet not as much fun as usual as there was a lot if banter missing between crew.
By the time music finished playing i was bored and ready to go back to caravan
Free holiday voucher can be won (please do not get confused with the playing of words this is not a voucher for a free holiday which is a completely different thing)
This voucher gets you a greatly reduced price holiday and very much out of season and you would have to take your kids out of school to use it *(seems more like a promotion to get bums in what would have been empty caravans for a bit of money rather than no money. the only thing beverley holidays is likely to do with this promotion is to allienate customers.
I do still like the park dont get me wrong but it is better to say something than nothing as all, as i have been to other parks let my comments go unheard and so that owners think it ok to cut corners a little more.
One other thing with Devon in general
If you want visitors, owners of sites like this need to petition Torbay local authority as the parking charges are getting beyond a joke now.
Many families cannot afford to go on holiday so when they do they would prefer not to have every last penny squeezed out of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Multiple award-winning, family run Beverley Holidays in the heart of the English Riviera on the South Devon coast is where happy holiday memories are made. Choose from our wide range of accommodation from luxury hot tub lodges and ultra-modern holiday caravans, to camping and touring pitches with unrivalled sea views. Plus, our dog-friendly caravans* on Beverley Bay (from 2017) will prove a poochtastic hit, accessible caravans and even hot tub holiday caravans set to launch in 2017. Enjoy all our holiday parks for the price of one with free use of our fantastic facilities across all our parks on all stays*, including our heated indoor and outdoor swimming pools and fabulous family-friendly entertainment. Beverley Holidays boasts an unrivalled location just moments from a host of award-winning English Riviera attractions and wonderful sandy beaches, with the popular seaside destinations of Paignton, Torquay and Brixham on our doorstep. *Please note, our dog-friendly park is Beverley Bay (from 2017). Dogs are not permitted on Beverley Park or View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, PitchUp and Agoda so you can book your Beverley Holidays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beverley Holidays Hotel Paignton
- Beverley Holidays Paignton, Devon