“Ashvale left a little disappointed this time around”
Review of Beverley Holidays

and 1 more site!
Beverley Holidays
Reviewed November 4, 2012

A regular visitor to Ashvale park so i knew what to expect.
This year i was left a little disappointed with our van and entertainment.
The caravans can seem a bit old looking (but this is the same at any holiday park in the area).
One of the bedrooms in our van was very cold (even midday) and the little plate heater made no difference whatsoever.
Heaters had to be on 24/7 to keep warm
There was no storage space for food in kitchen area at all..
This year i found the entertainment wanting.
In previous years entertainment began very shortly after 7 o'clock and you had to get a seat early.
This year we had entertainment starting approx 7.30pm (music only at 7 oclock)
One childrens game (mostly the same game with a different title)
Regular brainbuster quiz missing on 4 of 7 possible evenings.
Bingo as usual
Couple of party dances mostly same ones each night (boring) chocolatte and supermarket sweep
Only 3 out of possible 7 gameshow type looseners before main evening caberet.
replaced with periods of music playing and nobody at DJ box
Caberet not as much fun as usual as there was a lot if banter missing between crew.
By the time music finished playing i was bored and ready to go back to caravan
Free holiday voucher can be won (please do not get confused with the playing of words this is not a voucher for a free holiday which is a completely different thing)
This voucher gets you a greatly reduced price holiday and very much out of season and you would have to take your kids out of school to use it *(seems more like a promotion to get bums in what would have been empty caravans for a bit of money rather than no money. the only thing beverley holidays is likely to do with this promotion is to allienate customers.
I do still like the park dont get me wrong but it is better to say something than nothing as all, as i have been to other parks let my comments go unheard and so that owners think it ok to cut corners a little more.

One other thing with Devon in general
If you want visitors, owners of sites like this need to petition Torbay local authority as the parking charges are getting beyond a joke now.
Many families cannot afford to go on holiday so when they do they would prefer not to have every last penny squeezed out of them.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank thechickenman
Claire J, Manager at Beverley Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your stay with us what not to our usual high standard. We are sorry that the bedroom could not be heated to your required comfort. Once reported, our maintenance team are always happy to help resort the matter. I do remember that for the duration of your holiday we did experience an unusually cold October. We are again sorry that our evening entertainment was not to your taste. We are pleased to offer two entertainment venues offering a range of family friendly entertainment catering to different customers. We value your comments in order to continue improving Beverley Holidays. If you wish to give us further feedback please email us at info@beverley-holidays.co.uk Once again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

For a cheap "Sun" holiday this was a great choice. Good food and entertainment. Even walked over to Ashvale for Bingo one night. Caravan spacious and clean if a touch chilly , heaters on full time , water heater a must for showering. Enjoyed the pool. Ate on site most evenings and the food was pretty good . Driving round Torbay is a nightmare though, bad layout and lots of roadworks. Feel sorry for the locals !

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ian C
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed for a week with friends and booked three lodges, which were clean and welcoming, beds were comfy and bedding spotless. The lodges had everything you need and a good kitchen with dishwasher, the heating was excellent making the lodge lovely and warm throughout. The site and grounds were kept lovely even at this time off the year. The views from the lodges are fantastic looking across Torbay. All staff were polite and helpful but on a downside the lodges offer free wifi which seemed to be out off action most off the week and when we advised the staff all they could say was to reboot and wait after many trips to the office we gave up. You need a car to get anywhere but most places were a short drive away, Torquay, brixham, Dartmouth. We had a great time and looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: We stayed in lodges no 10 , 11 ,12 have best views than lodge 14 which is still ok
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Filby007
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is the first time I have ever reviewed somewhere where I have visited, but I felt that I just had to.
I have heard nothing but nice things about Paignton, so myself, my partner, our one year old, my Mum and her partner decided to book a few days at Ashvale Holiday Park for the little ones birthday, off the back of the reviews I had seen on here (it has since transpired that the majority of the good reviews for the place were for the Beverley Park site over the road from Ashvale, a sister site). We were scheduled to be there from Friday 12th October until the Monday. I thought it would be nice to upgrade to what I was told were better fitted out and modern caravans.
Firstly when we arrived, I was informed where our accommodation was and that even though I had 'upgraded' hmm hmm, I did not have a specific parking space. We had two cars and we were told to squeeze in next to an electrical shed which proved difficult. Already at this point a little disgruntled.......but then when we walked into the caravan, we were prepared to jump back in the car and get out of there!
I am by no means a hardened caravanner, but this place was unbelievable. To say it was an 'UPGRADE' was a JOKE! The van was tatty and old from the outside, not modern and updated as promised. Internally it reminded me of my Nan's back in the early 80's. It was tatty, dank and very worn inside, there was a musty stink in the air. It appeared there had been a last ditch attempt to clean, yet they missed spider webs on the lights, pubic hairs on the toilet and when we pulled out the fridge thinking that we have to switch it on from the socket, there was all-sorts lurking there!
The place was freezing, and even when the piddly little heaters were on it did nothing. Far from ideal for an 'UPGRADE', especially when you have a one year old with you.
I chose to not sit on the dirty look sofa, and I could only stomach getting into bed after a drink. This was because 3 of us were continually itching....needless to say, we left early on Sunday night as oppose to the Monday.
I attempted to inform staff at reception of my displeasure, no sooner had we walked into the van....but they had left.
NB - Beverley Park looks lovely so I can understand why there are so many good reviews.......DO NOT get confused with this place, I warn you!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Scott L
Claire J, Manager at Beverley Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your upgraded accommodation did not meet your expectations, and we apologise that the cleanliness was not up to our usual high standards. We offer a number of different upgrades from the ‘Classic’ accommodation across our caravan range, from ‘Comfort’ to ‘Superior’, with ‘Premium’ being the top of the range. The majority of the Caravans on Ashvale Park will have allocated parking for one car, but unfortunately not space for 2 vehicles. Again, we are sorry that you were disappointed with your accommodation, but we hope that you enjoyed the entertainment and facilities on the park.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My 2 friends and I had a lovely , relaxing, fun, chill out weekend. Entertainment on site VERY good, we are still laughing as the off the cuff jokes. SIte was very clean considering is very near to end of season. Food and service in the restaurant very good. Will be back soon !!!
Paignton town has loads of shops , steam trains going in and out the station. Goodrington sands 2mins from site . FUN FUN FUN old and young.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Totally blown away by the entertainment and facilities! Everybody is kind and welcoming, nothing is too much trouble. The accommodation needed a clean over, but the was more to do with my OCD!!lol shop/bar etc fairly priced. Will come again, best experience of a sun holiday!!! Thank you x

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed as a family in August. The Facilities are excellent and the park is very clean. The only real downside were the staff in the clubhouse at night. You can tell when people especially young lads would like to be anywhere else other than working and serving people on holiday. I would advise that if you stay here you would find your entertainment off site.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank DrRichardKimble
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paignton
Travelodge Paignton Seafront
#2 of 26 in Paignton
Hoburne Devon Bay
Hoburne Devon Bay
#1 of 26 in Paignton

Been to Beverley Holidays? Share your experiences!