“Excellence in fresh fish! :)”

Squires Of Paignton
Ranked #88 of 187 Restaurants in Paignton
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I do not easily give excellent as a review but Squires was excellent yesterday when I and a lady friend visited. She had cod, I had haddock, with chips, mushy peas, brown bread & butter and a coffee each @ £6.55 a head. The fish was fresh well cook and the flavour was excellent, really tasty! The portions were ample and the restaurant was spotlessly clean. Two waitresses, one mature lady and one teenager were both very nice, courteous and efficiently friendly. We both commented that next time we are in the area we would like to return! The fish was really excellent! :)

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Fish and chips nice and dry not too greasy however, standard.
Reasonable value however drinks are not cheap - told by family member tea is nothing to rate. Could do with an update inside.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Very nice fresh fish and chips, which was enjoyed by all the family. The only downside was all the signs saying things like, once you have ordered you cannot change your mind and other signs which basically were anti customer service. It did make me slightly uncomfortable as it felt like I had wandered into an adversairial establishment where any complaint or mistake on my part would be argued with. They need to take these notices down and deal with each customers complaint as they occur. If the signs were taken down they would get a 4 star rating.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Very good fish and chips, we also had a pizza in our group, which looked lovely, bar licence as well so a beer was in order. Bit miffed at having to pay for sauce in a chip shop?, .The staff were friendly if a little scatty..overall very nice

Reviewed August 14, 2012

How this place can say it is award winning is beyond me. The chips we had were disgusting. They were clearly cooked a long while before and just dropped back in the fat briefly to warm them up. Very very disappointing!!!

1  Thank Steve W